Life of Pi, a gripping tale of a boy, who is adrift at sea on a lifeboat with a tiger will be the opening film at the 43rd International Film Festival of India, scheduled to be held in Goa next month.
"Life of Pi will be the opening film at IFFI. The film will be premiering on November 20 while the closing film will be Mira Nair's political thriller The Reluctant Fundamentalist," Shankar Mohan, Director of IFFI, told reporters here.
"We are in the 100th year of cinema..For us opening and closing films have always been important. We were looking for films that have deep Indian connect. And these two films had it," he said.
The film tells the story of a boy who is left in the sea in a lifeboat with a Bengal tiger after his family drowns in a shipwreck.
Starring Irrfan Khan, Tabu, Adil Hussain and debutant Suraj Sharma it releases in 3D on November 23.
"Tabu and Irrfan will be present during the premiere but Lee won't be there as he is not in India. We are happy to have the actors at the festival" we share good relations with them," Mohan said.
IFFI to Open With Ang Lee's Life of Pi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli