Salman Khan starrer Dabangg bagged major gongs at the Indian International Film Academy awards here including the Best Film, and special honours were conferred on veteran actor Dharmendra and singer Asha Bhosle.
Shah Rukh Khan won the best actor award for his performance in My Name Is Khan, while Karan Johar won the best director award for the same film.
Anushka Sharma won the best performance in a leading role female for Band Baaja Baraat.
Sonakshi Sinha won the Best debut female award for her performance in Dabangg, while Sonu Sood grabbed the best negative role trophy. Sajid-Wajid alongwith Lalit Pandit bagged the best music direction award for their chartbusting numbers in the film, while Abhinav Kashyap and Dilip Shukla bagged the best screenplay award.
Best supporting role male was won by Arjun Rampal for Raajneeti while Prachi Desai won the award in the female category for One Upon A Time In Mumbai. Band Baja Baraat star Ranveer Singh won the Best debut male award.
Asha Bhosle was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement award, while Dharmendra, who performed some of his hit songs at the glitzy ceremony, was honoured by Shah Rukh Khan and Ramesh Sippy for his contribution to the film industry.
Actress Sharmila Tagore was handed the Outstanding Achievement award by Shabana Azmi for forty years of her cinematic journey.
Ritesh Deshmukh won the Best actor in a comic role for Housefull, while actor Irrfan Khan was honoured for his Outstanding Achievement in International cinema.
Best story award went to Shivani Makhija for My Name Is Khan. Vishal Bhardwaj won the best dialogue for Ishqiya. Best lyrics was bagged by Iyengar for My Name Is Khan.
Star Plus hottest pair award went to Anushka Sharma and Ranveer Singh for Band Baaja Baraat.
Dabangg Wins Big at IIFA Awards
Manisha Rege and Bal Krishna | Toronto
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Final: Joseph-Inspired Gokulam Stun Bagan To Lift Trophy
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths