Portraying senior congress leader, late K Karunakaran, in "poor light", in the Malayalam movie, Celluloid, which won the state award for the best film, for 'publicity' is "very unfortunate," his son K Muraleedharan, MLA, said today.
In a brief talk with mediapersons here, Muraleedharan said "even if thousands of Kamals (the film's director is Kamal) tried, they will not be able to tarnish the image of Karunakaran."
Muraleedharan's reaction comes in the wake of reports that there was a hint in the film that J C Daniel, the pioneer of Malayalam cinema, was denied justice in the cinema and cultural sector during Karunakaran's regime.
Celluloid, a feature film based on the life of Daniel, bagged seven Kerala state film awards.
Prithviraj won the best actor award for his portrayal of Daniel in the film.
Celluloid in Trouble for Showing Karunakaran in Poor Light
THE LATEST ISSUE
- What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Lockdowns And Curfews: List Of States, UTs Clamping Down Against Covid-19
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly