Portraying senior congress leader, late K Karunakaran, in "poor light", in the Malayalam movie, Celluloid, which won the state award for the best film, for 'publicity' is "very unfortunate," his son K Muraleedharan, MLA, said today.
In a brief talk with mediapersons here, Muraleedharan said "even if thousands of Kamals (the film's director is Kamal) tried, they will not be able to tarnish the image of Karunakaran."
Muraleedharan's reaction comes in the wake of reports that there was a hint in the film that J C Daniel, the pioneer of Malayalam cinema, was denied justice in the cinema and cultural sector during Karunakaran's regime.
Celluloid, a feature film based on the life of Daniel, bagged seven Kerala state film awards.
Prithviraj won the best actor award for his portrayal of Daniel in the film.
Celluloid in Trouble for Showing Karunakaran in Poor Light
THE LATEST ISSUE
- At NDA Meet, PM Narendra Modi Expresses Concern Over 'Needless Controversy' On EVMs
- ISRO Successfully Launches Satellite RISAT-2B; It Can Take Pictures Under 'Cloudy Conditions'
- 22 Opposition Parties Move Election Commission Over Reports Of EVM Tampering
- CWC 2019: Ravi Shastri Hails 'Fantastic' Communication between Virat Kohli And MS Dhoni
- EC Must Put All Speculations To Rest: Pranab Mukherjee On EVM Tampering Row
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Arunachal Pradesh MLA Tirong Aboh, 10 Others Killed By Suspected Militants In Tirap
- 'Will Even Take Up Arms To Protect Our Vote Against Rigging:' Upendra Kushwaha On EVM Tampering Row
- Dissent In Model Code Violation Cases Will Not Be Made Public, says EC
- Madhya Pradesh Govt May Reopen Murder Case Involving Pragya Singh Thakur
- No Restriction On Civilian Movement On Jammu-Srinagar Highway From May 27
- Karnataka Congress Leader Appeals Muslims To 'Join Hands' With BJP If Need Arises
- Saradha Case: SC Rejects Former Kolkata Top Cop Rajeev Kumar's Plea
- Anil Ambani's Reliance To Withdraw Rs 5,000-Crore Defamation Suit Against Congress Leaders