Former US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice today said Pakistani government is showing no signs of urgency in dealing with extremists and that she worries "a great deal" about Pakistan.
She however called Iran the "single-most dangerous" country in the world.
Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr show this morning, Rice, who has published a new book titled No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington, said that in security terms, Iran and Pakistan were the countries that she most worried about.
"I worry a great deal about Pakistan. I just don't think there is the urgency on the part of the Pakistani government to deal with extremists among the various institutions there. I worry about those hotspots," she said.
In her book, Rice, who was witness to several key decisions after September 11 and its impact across the world, also dwells on the US nuclear deal with India, and the tensions generated on the India-Pakistan border after the Mumbai terror attacks.
I Worry About Pakistan: Condoleezza Rice
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Final: Joseph-Inspired Gokulam Stun Bagan To Lift Trophy
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths