Former US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice today said Pakistani government is showing no signs of urgency in dealing with extremists and that she worries "a great deal" about Pakistan.
She however called Iran the "single-most dangerous" country in the world.
Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr show this morning, Rice, who has published a new book titled No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington, said that in security terms, Iran and Pakistan were the countries that she most worried about.
"I worry a great deal about Pakistan. I just don't think there is the urgency on the part of the Pakistani government to deal with extremists among the various institutions there. I worry about those hotspots," she said.
In her book, Rice, who was witness to several key decisions after September 11 and its impact across the world, also dwells on the US nuclear deal with India, and the tensions generated on the India-Pakistan border after the Mumbai terror attacks.
I Worry About Pakistan: Condoleezza Rice
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Bihar: 71 Corpses Recovered From Ganga
- 26 Covid Patients Die At Goa Govt Hospital
- How Vaccines Work And React On Different Body Types
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Vice President Naidu Greets Scientists On National Technology Day
- 18 States, UTs Reporting Decline In Number Of Daily Cases: Centre
- What Is Mucormycosis?
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Users Who Don’t Accept Privacy Terms Won’t Get Calls: WhatsApp
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- Tour Of Sri Lanka: Hardik, Dhawan In Line For India Captaincy
- Why Sania Mirza Suffered Depression After Olympics Debut In 2008