Former US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice today said Pakistani government is showing no signs of urgency in dealing with extremists and that she worries "a great deal" about Pakistan.
She however called Iran the "single-most dangerous" country in the world.
Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr show this morning, Rice, who has published a new book titled No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington, said that in security terms, Iran and Pakistan were the countries that she most worried about.
"I worry a great deal about Pakistan. I just don't think there is the urgency on the part of the Pakistani government to deal with extremists among the various institutions there. I worry about those hotspots," she said.
In her book, Rice, who was witness to several key decisions after September 11 and its impact across the world, also dwells on the US nuclear deal with India, and the tensions generated on the India-Pakistan border after the Mumbai terror attacks.
I Worry About Pakistan: Condoleezza Rice
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Right or Wrong, It’s Only Narendra Modi Who Matters
- Congress Stares At Wipe Out In Madhya Pradesh, Will Kamal Nath Govt Topple Too?
- NDA’s TsuNamo Leaves Mahagathbandhan In Ruins In UP, Bihar
- 'All Losers Are Not Losers': Mamata Banerjee After BJP's Big Gains In West Bengal
- Jagan Mohan Reddy Set To Be New Andhra CM As YSRCP Set For Landslide Win
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- In The Middle Of Saffron Storm, Punjab Stands Firm With Congress
- Smiling Heeraben Greets Supporters As Son Narendra Modi Set For Second Term
- Sushma Swaraj Congratulates PM Modi For 'Big Victory'
- At BJP's Parliamentary Board Meeting, PM Modi Likely To Make Speech Tomorrow
- It's Victory Of Nationalism, Says J&K's BJP
- ‘Nothing Seems To Have Worked’: Rout For Congress As Saffron Wave Sweeps Country
- India, Pakistan Fans Fight Over ICC Poll Asking Kohli & Co's WC Chances
- WATCH: Russell Sends Khawaja To Hospital With Nasty Blow To Head