Former US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice today said Pakistani government is showing no signs of urgency in dealing with extremists and that she worries "a great deal" about Pakistan.
She however called Iran the "single-most dangerous" country in the world.
Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr show this morning, Rice, who has published a new book titled No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington, said that in security terms, Iran and Pakistan were the countries that she most worried about.
"I worry a great deal about Pakistan. I just don't think there is the urgency on the part of the Pakistani government to deal with extremists among the various institutions there. I worry about those hotspots," she said.
In her book, Rice, who was witness to several key decisions after September 11 and its impact across the world, also dwells on the US nuclear deal with India, and the tensions generated on the India-Pakistan border after the Mumbai terror attacks.
I Worry About Pakistan: Condoleezza Rice
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli