Diego Maradona has promised to run naked through the centre of Buenos Aires if Argentina wins the football World Cup.
According to AP, the Argentina coach made the promise during a
radio show. The unpredictable Maradona was speaking a day after
defeated Canada 5-0 Monday in its final warm-up match before the World
"If we win the World Cup, I'll get naked and run around the
Obelisk," he said, referring to the tall monument that marks the centre
city and serves as its most famous landmark.
Maradona's response came
after a reporter asked him in the interview what he would do if his team
returned to Argentina with its third World Cup title.
In the same
interview, Maradona said he had to explain to Lionel Messi why he did
against Canada. Messi is the reigning FIFA player of the year, but sat
match to protect him against any possible injury.
"If something would
have happened to you in that match, I'd have been kicked, you can
where," Maradona said.
Maradona has the luxury of choosing between
some of the world's best forwards. In addition to Messi, he can use
Tevez, Gonzalo Higuain, Diego Milito, Sergio Aguero and Martin
Argentina plays in Group B, opening against Nigeria on June
12. The team also faces Greece and South Korea.
I Will Run Naked if Argentina Wins: Maradona
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- KXIP Vs CSK LIVE: Good Start From Chennai Openers; 81/0 (8)
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- Hathras Case: Chandrashekhar Meets Family
- Hathras Case: Editors Guild Condemns UP Govt For Obstructing Media
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Nadal Makes Light Work Of Korda In Gusty Paris