Actress Kalki Koechlin, who played a schoolgirl-turned-prostitute in her debut movie Dev-D, says she is looking forward to play mature roles like Bandit Queen.
"I want to play strong-headed characters like Bandit Queen and Sonia Gandhi, playing teenage roles are too cumbersome now. I want to be versatile instead of sticking to one type of image," says Koechlin, who played the character of Chanda in the Anurag Kashyap's modern day adaptation of Saratchandra's classic novel.
"My young look draws attention towards roles which are under-18, that is why the directors offer me such characters to play. But I definitely need to look beyond," the 25-year-old baby-faced actress says.
Koechlin will next be seen as an NGO worker in her next film I am Afia, directed by Onir of My Brother Nikhil fame.
"I am playing a role of an NGO worker who fights against the in depth corruption in The NGO sector which is more or less like a business these days," she adds.
Born and brought up in Pondicherry, Koechlin is all set to play a teenager again in Bijoy Namdayal's Shaitan.
"I am playing the character of a young rich and spoiled girl who is a spend thrift and because of her attitude how she gets into trouble," says Kalki who leaves for Venice to attend the screening of Dev D with director boyfriend Anurag Kashyap.
The Venice film festival will screen Dev D on Sept 9th and Delhi-6 on Sept 7th.
The young beauty will walk the red carpet with Kashyap in a green rustic gown for the screening.
The gown with French embroidery teemed with a green clutch has been designed by Preeti S Kapoor, specially for this occasion.
"I am really excited to wear the gown. It is really exotic and beautiful to suit the occasion," adds Kalki.
Talking about Anurag as a partner Koechlin feels that she is lucky to have him in her life.
"As a partner he is very mature on one hand and loving on the other hand. Working with him is an eye-opener.He is a perfectionist. He puts his 100 per cent to receive what he desires," she adds.
I want to Play Strong-Headed Roles: Kalki Koechlin
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- CBI Carries Out Searches At Congress Leader DK Shivakumar's Premises
- Noida Police Apologises For Manhandling Priyanka Gandhi, Orders Probe
- RCB Vs DC: Battle Of Equals In Dubai
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- JEE-Advanced Results Announced, Pune Boy Chirag Falor Tops Exam
- Oppn's Misinformation On Farm Laws Amounts To Criminal Conduct: BJP
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- It’s Been A Very Interesting Journey: Donald Trump on Covid-19
- India's COVID-19 Tally Crosses 66 Lakh-Mark
- Hathras Case: Protests Staged At Times Square
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat