Bollywood hunk John Abraham is bowled over by his girlfriend and actress Bipasha Basu's new chiselled figure and he now wants to follow her fitness mantra.
"I have tried Bipasha's workout DVD personally and found it to be equally good for men as well, although it is meant for women. I just think that I should follow her routine now," John told reporters here today.
"She is in the most amazing shape. When I looked at her recently, my jaws dropped as I said this can't be for real. This is the best; she is in the prime shape of her life," the actor said.
Bipasha, who is known to be a fitness freak, has created a unique workout programme lasting 25 minutes in Love Yourself launched last week.
Asked when would he launch his own fitness DVD, the 37-year-old actor quipped by saying he would take another 15-20 years to do it.
"I won't do it now. After 15-20 years, when I am fitter, I will launch my DVD," he said adding that Bipasha plans to launch another DVD for men and women.
On why he has had no release after last year's blockbuster New York, John said he is now concentrating on doing selective and qualitative work.
"For success it is important to do less work. I want to do qualitative work now. Earlier the scripts of the films I did were not good. I have now learned through the process and doing selective and qualitative work."
Recalling his modelling days, the actor said graduating to Hindi films was a natural progression for him.
"As a model, I was John Abraham. But as an actor, I am not John. I assume the character of the role I am playing. For these six months, I am not working. So I am John now," he said.
Describing the script of a film as the "real hero" of any film, John said while signing a film he tries to look at the broader picture rather than looking at any single aspect.
"I look at the entire set-up before signing a film - the director, producer, actors, and the script. But I think that a script is the real hero in any film," John said.
The actor said he was amazed by watching Rituparno Ghosh's Sob Choritro Kalponik, which also starred Bipasha Basu.
"I was stunned as I saw the film. It was such a beautiful one. I sat through every moment in the film. Bengali films have such beauty. In Tamil films also, the treatment of romance is done in a good manner," he said.
He was in the city to promote Kolkata Fashion and Lifestyle Week, which begins later this month.
Asked about his favourite designer, he said Narendra Kumar and Rocky S have been his long-time favourites.
"I have been wearing clothes only from two designers since a long time - Narendra Kumar and Rocky S," he said.
I Should Follow Bipasha Now: John
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Mike Pence and Kamala Harris Battle It Out At The US Vice Presidential Debate
- ‘India’s Coronavirus Fight Is People Driven,’ Says PM Modi
- KKR Vs CSK: Kolkata Choke Chennai After Rahul Tripathi's 81
- The SSR Mega Serial: How TV Media Put Original Family Dramas To Shame
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- Rhea Chakraborty Walks Out Of Byculla Jail After Bombay HC Grants Her Bail
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar Dies By Suicide
- With EPS As CM Candidate, AIADMK Looks For Continuity
- Want To Cross Verify A Doctor's Credentials? Sorry, You Cannot
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In The TMC
- Atal Tunnel: Himachal To Beef Up Security
- Clinical Tsitsipas Makes History