Malayalam superstar Mohanlal, whose business establishments were raided by the Income Tax department, today said the IT officials were only doing their duty when they conducted the operations at his residence and office premises but said he had not made 'any mistake'.
"If I have made any mistake in not paying the correct income tax..They can always take action against me. But I have not made any mistake," he told PTI.
The actor said he was not worried or bothered or scared about income tax raids at his house or office premises.
He said he was questioned at Valinokkam by income tax officials last night for more than two hours. "The entire enquiry was held in my car," he said. Mohanlal is here in connection with the shooting of the film Pranavam at Dhanushkodi, about 20 Km from here.
As he had been summoned to Chennai by IT officials, he had left the hotel where he was staying this afternoon and was proceeding towards Madurai en route to Chennai, hotel authorities said.
IT officials had yesterday raided the offices, residences, and business establishments of superstars Mammooty and Mohanlal at various places in Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai, Bangalore and Udhagamandalam (Ooty).
The two actors were under IT scanner for the past few months and the raids came after 'specific information' that they had wealth allegedly disproportionate to their known sources of income.
I Have Not Made Any Mistake: Mohanlal
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly