Malayalam superstar Mohanlal, whose business establishments were raided by the Income Tax department, today said the IT officials were only doing their duty when they conducted the operations at his residence and office premises but said he had not made 'any mistake'.
"If I have made any mistake in not paying the correct income tax..They can always take action against me. But I have not made any mistake," he told PTI.
The actor said he was not worried or bothered or scared about income tax raids at his house or office premises.
He said he was questioned at Valinokkam by income tax officials last night for more than two hours. "The entire enquiry was held in my car," he said. Mohanlal is here in connection with the shooting of the film Pranavam at Dhanushkodi, about 20 Km from here.
As he had been summoned to Chennai by IT officials, he had left the hotel where he was staying this afternoon and was proceeding towards Madurai en route to Chennai, hotel authorities said.
IT officials had yesterday raided the offices, residences, and business establishments of superstars Mammooty and Mohanlal at various places in Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai, Bangalore and Udhagamandalam (Ooty).
The two actors were under IT scanner for the past few months and the raids came after 'specific information' that they had wealth allegedly disproportionate to their known sources of income.
I Have Not Made Any Mistake: Mohanlal
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case: FSL Report Cannot Confirm Rape, Says Aligarh CMO
- KXIP Vs CSK: Faf, Watson Crush Punjab
- Noida Police Apologises For Manhandling Priyanka Gandhi, Orders Probe
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal, BJP Demands CBI Inquiry
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- It’s Been A Very Interesting Journey: Donald Trump on Covid-19
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls
- Hathras: Chandrashekhar Meets Family
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader, Party Stages Protest
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat