Though Test matches between the two neighbouring countries have dried up, Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik today said he has always enjoyed playing in India.
"I feel happy to play before the crowd in India which is very good and drives me passionate (to play)," Malik said while speaking at the inaugural ceremony of a tennis academy, which was inaugurated by Chief Minister Arjun Munda along with Malik's wife and tennis star Sania Mirza.
"The language of both the countries are the same and so is the cuisine. Then what is the difference," the former Pakistan skipper said adding he did not feel like he was in another country.
Responding to Malik's observations, Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto described Malik as "our country's son-in-law".
Earlier, the famed couple exchanged a few shots with Chief Minister Arjun Munda and Mahto being across the tennis court.
Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) president Amitabh Choudhary promised that a world standard cricket stadium, now under construction, would be completed by 2011.
I Feel Happy to Play in India: Shoaib Malik
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine