Bollywood actress Kajol prefers to take the hype and expectations surrounding her movies as a compliment to her intelligence and choice.
"I like it and am very happy. Instead of trying to live up to the people's expectations, I feel I should continue to depend upon what I feel is right...I am an instinctive person and not a planner," Kajol, who will be next seen in We are Family, Karan Johar's Hindi remake of Stepmom, said.
The 35-year-old actor, who plays a mother of three in the movie, told PTI, "I don't deny my age and I want to do what I am today. I don't intend to play a 16-year-old on screen."
"After marriage, a woman's priorities change and it is normal. I consider it as a progression and not stopping your life. Work is part of your life. I like to balance everything. Too much of everything is not good. I was always picky and choosy," Kajol said on her movie selection.
The spontaneous actress saw her husband Ajay Devgn's latest movie Once Upon a time in Mumbaai and loved it.
"I think I have trained him very well," she said in a lighter vein. "I credit my husband with what has happened in my career. And I take some credit for his success too."
Speaking about Stepmom, Kajol said she watched the Julia Roberts-Susan Sarandon starrer many years ago and did not see it again after signing the movie, directed by Sidharth Malhotra and releasing on September 3.
"I didn't want Stepmom to influence me. Maya is a different character from the original one. Yet there are similarities," she said.
She said initially she was not interested in doing the film as she wanted to take a break after My Name is Khan.
"MNIK was a huge film and we had to travel a lot. I was very tired. When Sidharth approached me,I was not interested. I liked the script but did still did not want to work. But things just fell in place for the project and I was on board," she said.
On her chemistry with co-star Kareena Kapoor, Kajol said she had known the Kapoor girl since she was a kid.
"We worked together in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. But there was less interaction then, as we had only two scenes together. In this film, we had to interact and react to each other. She rose up to the challenge and has given a good performance," Kajol said.
When asked what difference did she find in Kareena over the years, Kajol quipped, "she has become thinner and more professional."
"More than camaraderie, the interaction between us was interesting. The tension between our characters is correct and I hope it comes across on screen," she added.
I Am An Instinctive Person, Not a Planner: Kajol
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP