Bollywood actress Kajol prefers to take the hype and expectations surrounding her movies as a compliment to her intelligence and choice.
"I like it and am very happy. Instead of trying to live up to the people's expectations, I feel I should continue to depend upon what I feel is right...I am an instinctive person and not a planner," Kajol, who will be next seen in We are Family, Karan Johar's Hindi remake of Stepmom, said.
The 35-year-old actor, who plays a mother of three in the movie, told PTI, "I don't deny my age and I want to do what I am today. I don't intend to play a 16-year-old on screen."
"After marriage, a woman's priorities change and it is normal. I consider it as a progression and not stopping your life. Work is part of your life. I like to balance everything. Too much of everything is not good. I was always picky and choosy," Kajol said on her movie selection.
The spontaneous actress saw her husband Ajay Devgn's latest movie Once Upon a time in Mumbaai and loved it.
"I think I have trained him very well," she said in a lighter vein. "I credit my husband with what has happened in my career. And I take some credit for his success too."
Speaking about Stepmom, Kajol said she watched the Julia Roberts-Susan Sarandon starrer many years ago and did not see it again after signing the movie, directed by Sidharth Malhotra and releasing on September 3.
"I didn't want Stepmom to influence me. Maya is a different character from the original one. Yet there are similarities," she said.
She said initially she was not interested in doing the film as she wanted to take a break after My Name is Khan.
"MNIK was a huge film and we had to travel a lot. I was very tired. When Sidharth approached me,I was not interested. I liked the script but did still did not want to work. But things just fell in place for the project and I was on board," she said.
On her chemistry with co-star Kareena Kapoor, Kajol said she had known the Kapoor girl since she was a kid.
"We worked together in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. But there was less interaction then, as we had only two scenes together. In this film, we had to interact and react to each other. She rose up to the challenge and has given a good performance," Kajol said.
When asked what difference did she find in Kareena over the years, Kajol quipped, "she has become thinner and more professional."
"More than camaraderie, the interaction between us was interesting. The tension between our characters is correct and I hope it comes across on screen," she added.
I Am An Instinctive Person, Not a Planner: Kajol
THE LATEST ISSUE
- West Bengal Doctors Call Off Week-Long Strike After Meeting CM Mamata Banerjee
- IED Attack On Army Convoy In Pulwama Of Jammu And Kashmir
- Will Kerala MP K Suresh Lead Congress In Lok Sabha If Rahul Gandhi Says No?
- Watch: Actor-Singer Palash Sen Calls Doctors Across India To 'Halla Bol' Against Violence
- CWC 2019, BAN Vs WI: Bangladesh Off To Steady Start In Pursuit Of 322
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Army Major Killed, 3 Jawans Injured In Gunfight With Militants In J&K's Anantnag
- First Session Of 17th Lok Sabha Begins, PM Modi, Newly-Elected Members Take Oath
- Tax Evaders Beware! No Escape By Just Paying Penalty From Today
- TV Reporter Confronts BJP 'Leader' Who Entered ICU Wearing Shoes, Wins Praise On Internet
- 'It Talks About Power Of Universalism And Liberalism': Kapil Dev On His Book 'We The Sikhs'
- Bihar: 100 Children Die Due To Suspected Acute Encephalitis, Harsh Vardhan Visits Families
- Kolkata Man's Live Stunt In Hoogly River Turns Fatal, Drowns
- Watch: This Pakistani Cricket Fan Has Some Incredible Ideas For His Team, Sarfaraz Ahmed