Chinese President Hu Jintao today assured the American leadership that he would deepen reform and step up economic, political, cultural and social restructuring in the Communist nation.
"China has set out the guiding principles, strategic objectives and major tasks for economic and social development in the coming five years," Hu said in his speech at the US-China Business Community Luncheon here.
We will continue to deepen reform and open up advanced economic, political, cultural and social restructuring in an all-round way, and improve the socialist market economy, he said.
"We will develop socialist democracy and build a socialist country under the rule of law.
We will work for vigorous cultural development and prosperity, enhance social harmony and improve our open economy in all respects," Hu said.
Through these efforts, we will make continuous progress in our endeavor to build a prosperous, strong, democratic, culturally advanced and harmonious modern socialist country.
We will stick to the basic state policy of opening to the outside world, and follow a win-win strategy of opening up, he said.
Hu said that he will continue to advance China's interests in the broader context of the common interests of the international community and expand and deepen the converging interests with others.
"We welcome the participation of other countries in China's development to share our development opportunities.
We will explore new areas and space for opening up and contribute to the common development of the region and the world through our own development," he said.
We will remain committed to the path of peaceful development, continue to strive for a peaceful international environment to develop ourselves and uphold and promote world peace through our own development, he said.
Hu Promises to Continue Economic, Political Reforms
Lalit K Jha/Washington
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Covid Makes Inroads Into Remote Himachal Villages
- Outcry After J&K Police ‘Beat Women’ To Impose Corona Curfew
- Private Traders Saw Second Wave Coming, Hoarded Oxygen But Government Didn’t
- ‘Will Covid Vaccine Kill Or Make Me Impotent?’ Villagers Question, Say No To Vaccine
- Split Of Votes Between Congress-led Front, AJP-RD Saved BJP's Skin
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- The Dravidian Wall: Patience, Experience Paid Off For DMK’s Stalin
- How To Tackle 2nd Covid Wave: 9 Points From Opposition To Centre
- Modi’s War Against Covid: From ‘Timely & Tough’ to ‘Worrying’
- Column: Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- NC Condemns Israeli 'Atrocities' On Palestinians
- Fencer Bhavani Almost Skipped Qualifying
- Saina, Srikanth's Olympic Hopes Over