According to the TMZ website, the multi-millionaire hotel owner was arrested on April 2 at the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport after Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officials found an "arsenal of drugs", including cocaine, weed, heroin and various prescription pills hidden on his person and in his bag.
He was arrested by the Broward County Sheriff's Office after he tried to get on a plane with the drugs.
When contacted by PTI to comment on the report of Chatwal's arrest, the press office of the Sant Chatwal-led Hampshire Hotels and Resorts said they have "no comment on the issue at this time." The office would also not comment on whether Chatwal is still in Florida.
According to the police report obtained by TMZ, Chatwal was booked on one count of trafficking (six grams of heroin) and seven counts of possession for cocaine, heroin, marijuana and various other drugs.
According to the report, Chatwal, 41, admitted to the police that he illegally purchased and possessed the drugs.
People magazine reported on its website that a search of Chatwal's carry-on bag revealed several different types of loose white pills that appeared to be controlled substances.
The TSA also allegedly found a small piece of white plastic wrap in the hotel owner's jacket pocket that tested positive for cocaine.
"The arrestee provided a statement to narcotics detectives admitting possessing and purchasing the controlled substances illegally," Officer Carmen Hunsinger said in his police report.
Chatwal, who has acted in a few Indian movies, owns the Dream Hotel here.
Hotelier Vikram Chatwal Arrested in US With Drugs
Yoshita Singh/New York
Indian-American hotelier Vikram Chatwal has been arrested earlier this week at an airport in Florida for allegedly carrying a large stash of drugs including cocaine and heroine, a celebrity website reported.
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly