Hearing in the 2004 bomb attack on a local mosque began today in the District and Sessions Court here in Central Maharashtra.
Prime accused Rakesh Dhawade and his five accomplices were produced before Judge K Y Tenge.
According to the prosecution, Dhawade, who hails from Pune, and his accomplices - Yogendra Deshpande, Gururaj Jayra Tutewar, Rahul Manohar Pande, Sanjay, Maroti Wagh and Vittalrao Chowdhari - all residents of Nanded, on August 27, 2004, allegedly hurled crude bomb in Qadariya Majid during Friday prayer. Twelve persons were injured in the blast.
On the first of the hearing, the court recorded the statements of four witnesses.
Dhawade and others are also accused in the Nanded, Parbhani and Malegaon blast cases.
Hearing in Jalna Mosque Bomb Blast Case Begins
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019: 66% Turn Out Recorded In Second Phase
- Sadhvi Pragya Breaks Down At BJP Meet, Recalls 'Torture' In Custody
- Live Speeches On NaMo TV Okay In Silence Period As Long As No Reference To Poll Going Areas: EC
- India Suspends Cross LoC Trade, Says Routes Being Misued By Pak Groups
- Movie Review: 'Kalank' Is A Wrong Movie At A Wrong Time From KJo's Gloss Factory
- Why NaMo TV Should Not Be Banned
- The Politics Of Degrees: Is It Important That Leaders Be Well Educated?
- Ole Navigates Tricky Territory As Manchester United's Season Hits Crunch-Time
- Free Trips And The Art Of Looting Public Money By Indian Sports Administrators
- It Is Okay To Dig Up The Dead During Elections In Tamil Nadu
- Welcome To Tulip Garden – A Game Of Normalcy In Seething Kashmir
- Second Phase Polling: Srinagar Lok Sabha Seat Witnesses Low Turnout
- BJP Neglected Our Party SBSP Because Of Caste Factor: O P Rajbhar
- 22,000 Jaypee Homebuyers Jittery As NBCC Delays Bid
- Why The Ban On TikTok Is Exclusionary And Exposes Our 'Paternalism'
- Don't Resort To Predatory Pricing Of Tickets: Govt Tells Airlines
- Kashmir Cannot Be Separated From India Till A Single BJP Worker Is Alive: Amit Shah
- Election Commission Has An Anti-Dalit Mindset, Alleges Mayawati
- Where Is The Promised National Education Policy?