Hearing in the 2004 bomb attack on a local mosque began today in the District and Sessions Court here in Central Maharashtra.
Prime accused Rakesh Dhawade and his five accomplices were produced before Judge K Y Tenge.
According to the prosecution, Dhawade, who hails from Pune, and his accomplices - Yogendra Deshpande, Gururaj Jayra Tutewar, Rahul Manohar Pande, Sanjay, Maroti Wagh and Vittalrao Chowdhari - all residents of Nanded, on August 27, 2004, allegedly hurled crude bomb in Qadariya Majid during Friday prayer. Twelve persons were injured in the blast.
On the first of the hearing, the court recorded the statements of four witnesses.
Dhawade and others are also accused in the Nanded, Parbhani and Malegaon blast cases.
Hearing in Jalna Mosque Bomb Blast Case Begins
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- It's Do-Or-Die Battle For Congress In Upcoming Assembly Elections
- There Is A Strong Sense Of Betrayal By Modi Govt: Congress' Data Analytics Head
- When The Void Won The Vote: Low Voter Turnout In Kashmir Speaks Of Alienation
- Sabarimala Row: Stopped At Temple's Gate, 2 Women To Head Back
- #MeToo: The Akbar Who Became Birbal
- Rail Apps: When A Train Ticket Examiner Left Passengers Speechless
- Durga Puja In Calcutta A Parable Of Life
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Woman From West Bengal Held Captive, Gang-Raped For 10 Days In Odisha
- Delhi Hotel Row: Gun Brandished By Son Of BSP Leader Recovered
- Rajasthan Govt Gets Cautious As Zika Virus Cases Reach 100 In Jaipur
- Security Increased Nationwide, Restricted Movement Of Vehicles In Delhi On Dussehra
- UPA Govt Launched Schemes To Promote Only ‘One Family’: PM Modi
- Delhi Government Forms Inspection Team To Conduct Surprise Checks On Pollution
- Three Terrorists Killed In Infiltration Bid In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- Build Ram Mandir Or Admit It Was Also A ‘Jumla’: Uddhav Thackeray To BJP