JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy today described as "victory of truth and dharma" the Karnataka High Court's verdict quashing proceedings launched against him in a lower court.
"The court has upheld truth and justice. The verdict has boosted my morale and reinforced faith that the judiciary will always protect the innocent", Kumaraswamy said, reacting to the High Court's order.
His fight against "certain illegalities" committed by the BJP government in the state landed him into "this situation" and there were attempts by some to tarnish his image, the former Chief Minister said.
The complaint against him made people doubt his integrity, he said, adding "the court order will help in clearing doubts in the minds of people".
Kumaraswamy said the verdict has enthused him to continue his battle against the BJP government's "irregularities".
The High Court today quashed criminal proceedings initiated against Kumaraswamy, his wife and some of his family members in a Lokayukta court for alleged irregularities in favouring a mining firm and a housing cooperative society.
HC Verdict is 'Victory of Truth': Kumaraswamy
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly