The Karnataka High Court today stayed till tomorrow a local court order permitting medical tests on controversial self-styled godman Nithyananda as sought by the CID in a sex scandal case in 2010 allegedly involving him.
A court at Ramanagar on June 20 had granted police permission to subject Nithyananda to the medical test.
The CID had approached the court for permission to subject Nithyananda to medical tests, including a blood sample and also a voice test.
The 'godman' is facing a CID probe into charges of rape and criminal intimidation levelled against him in 2010 after some TV channels telecast a purported video footage of his in a compromising position with an actress.
The 'godman' has contended that even if the tests indicated he is capable of having a sexual relationship,it does not mean there exists evidence over committing the offence of rape.
Nithyananda had filed a memo stating that Investigating Officer M N Ramalingappa who had filed a report in court saying he has to be sent for the medical test does not have authority since he was directed to hand over the case for further investigation to Deputy Superintendent of Police (CID) B N Ambiger.
The 'godman' is already embroiled in a spate of criminal cases, including rape and physical assault. His ashram was recently raided by police in the wake of a US-based woman alleging she was sexually abused by him over a five-year period.
HC Stays Order on Nithyananda's Medical Tests
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli