The Aurangabad bench of Bombay High Court today rejected the anticipatory bail application of suspended NCP leader Padamsinh Patil in connection with a complaint filed against him by social activist Anna Hazare.
The court had on October 1 granted Patil interim relief till today but rejected his anticipatory bail plea after observing that there was prima facie evidence against him.
Patil had approached the High Court seeking anticipatory bail in the complaint filed against him by Hazare alleging that the leader had conspired to murder him.
"The court today rejected the interim relief granted to Patil but has given us time till October 27 to approach the Supreme Court," Patil's lawyer Bhushan Mahadik told PTI.
Hazare had in September filed a complaint with the Parner police in Ahmednagar based on the confessional statement of Parasmal Jain, an accused in the murder case of Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar.
"Jain in his statement before a magistrate said that Patil had offered him supari (contract killing sum) to kill me," Hazare said.
Patil, who was arrested by the CBI in June for allegedly murdering Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar in 2006, was released on bail on September 25.
HC Rejects Padamsinh Patil's Bail Plea in Hazare's Complaint
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Truce Is The Only Option For EPS And OPS In Tamil Nadu
- Three Accidents In Atal Rohtang Tunnel In 72 Hours Since Inauguration
- Coal Scam: Court Convicts Former Union Minister Dilip Ray, Others
- In Den Of Match-Fixers, Why BCCI's Fraud Detecting System For IPL Still Has Holes
- How Axar Patel Caught RCB In Web Of Spin
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Judge And Hangman: Media Trial In Sushant Death Case
- Covid-19 Virus Can Infect People More Than Six Feet Away: CDC
- Richa Chadha Files Defamation Suit Against Payal Ghosh
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Junior Commissioned Officer Killed In Shelling Along LoC: Army
- Pompeo To Meet Jaishankar In Tokyo
- Life As A Dalit - A Curse In Casteist India
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli