The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court today issued notice to Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louis, on a PIL seeking direction for lodging of an FIR and also monitoring by the court in the case relating to the Trust.
The order was passed by a bench of Justice Uma Nath Singh and Justice Satish Chandra.
Through a notice, the bench sought a reply from the Trust that whether the allegedly misappropriated fund could be deposited with the Central Social Justice and Empowerment department.
The bench had on January 16 sought a report from the Economic Offences wing of Uttar Pradesh on investigation into alleged irregularities in the matter of the Trust.
As directed by the bench, the investigating officer of EOW S K Singh appeared before the court along with a progress report and other records.
Singh told the bench that so far statements of 37 witnesses have been recorded and the misappropriation was alleged in 17 districts amounting to Rs 1.3
The bench fixed February 21 as the next date of hearing.
The petitioner Nutan Thakur had in her PIL prayed to the court to direct Principal Secretary (Home) of Uttar Pradesh government and the Economic Offences Wing of state police to immediately lodge an FIR on the basis of primary investigation conducted by Viklang Kalyan department and Social Welfare department in pursuance of Ministry of Social Justice notice as sent to EOW by the state and to investigate the matter in accordance with law.
It was also prayed in the petition that the court monitor the investigation.
Six parties, including the state government, the central government, TV channel Aaj Tak and Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, were arrayed as the respondents in the
The bench had on October 15 last year issued a notice to Aaj Tak directing it to produce the entire documents relating to the matter of Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust.
The EOW of UP Police had already started a probe into the matter following the government order on July 3 last year.
HC Issues Notice to Salman Khurshid's NGO
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Don't Vote For JD(U), BJP-LJP Will Form Next Govt,' Says Chirag Paswan
- Air Chief Marshal On Eastern Border Standoff: China Can’t Get Better Of Us
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- RCB Vs DC: Battle Of Equals In Dubai
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- 'Don't Vote For JD(U), BJP-LJP Will Form Next Govt': Chirag Paswan
- 2 CRPF Personnel Killed In Terrorist Attack In Kashmir’s Pampore
- Veteran Spinner Amit Mishra's Season Ends With Fractured Finger
- Delhi Riots: Umar Khalid Sent To 14 Days Judicial Custody
- AIIMS Report A 'Slap' On Those 'Defaming' Maharashtra: Minister
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal
- Cavani To Man Utd, Depay To Barca: Possible Transfer Deadline Day Deals