The Bombay High Court today extended till January 24, the ad interim stay granted by it on the proceedings against former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi by BCCI's Disciplinary Committee (DC), after both the parties sought time to file additional affidavits.
Justice S J Kathawala had, in an interim order on December 25, stayed the proceedings initiated against Modi by BCCI's DC probing into allegations of financial irregularities.
The matter came up for confirmation before the same bench, which today extended the interim stay granted earlier.
The BCCI had also appealed against the December 25 order of the High Court granting ad interim stay on DC's proceedings against Modi. However, a division bench of the High Court refused to give relief to the Cricket Board.
BCCI once again moved a division bench after the Christmas vacation and this time one of the judges sought to recuse himself from hearing the case. The BCCI's appeal is yet to come up before another bench.
Modi had contended that under Rule 1(q) of BCCI Rules there can only be one DC which has to be appointed by the Board at every Annual General Meeting (AGM). But the Board had not appointed any DC at its AGM held on September 29, 2010.
He also argued that the BCCI was acting contrary to its own constitution and bye-laws.
The constitution of a separate DC to hear the charges against Modi was an attempt to amend the constitution and bye-laws of BCCI without following the procedure for amendment as contemplated under Tamil Nadu Act and Rules, which are applicable to BCCI, Modi contended.
HC Extends Stay on BCCI's DC Against Modi Till Jan 24
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Calcutta HC To Review No-Go Orders For Puja Pandals Today
- KXIP Vs DC: Hooda Takes Punjab Home After Pooran Fifty
- Will Rahul, Priyanka Join Bypoll Campaign? Don’t Hold Your Breath
- Ahead Of Polls, Bengal Braces For Bloodbath
- Health Minister Hails Outlook Poshan Campaign
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- PM Modi's Address To The Nation: Lockdown Is Over But Virus Is Not Gone
- DDLJ Turns 25: 10 Ways In Which The Iconic Film Changed Bollywood Forever
- Bihar Elections: Will Chirag Paswan's Gamble Of Going It Alone Pay Off?
- Massive Festive Sales Brings Hope And Cheer To E-Tailers
- Parents Fume Over Govt Decision To Open Schools Partially
- 6 Arrested From Kangra, Shimla Over Bus Conductors’ Recruitment Scam
- Sindhu, Upset With Training, Flies To UK; Shuttler's Dad Denies Rift In Family
- Morata Gets Pirlo Off To Winning Start In Champions League