The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court today sought a report from the Economic Offences wing of Uttar Pradesh police on the investigation into alleged irregularities in Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise.
The order was passed by a bench of Justice Uma Nath Singh and Justice Satish Chandra on a PIL seeking a direction for lodging of an FIR and also monitoring by the court in the case of the trust run by Khurshid and his wife.
The petitioner Nutan Thakur had in her PIL prayed to the court to direct Principal Secretary (Home) of Uttar Pradesh government and Economic Offences Wing to immediately lodge an FIR on the basis of a primary investigation report conducted by Viklang Kalyan department and Social Welfare department in pursuance of Ministry of Social Justice.
The EOW of UP Police had already started a probe into the matter following the government order on July 3 last year.
Six parties, including state government EOW, central government, Principal Secretary (Social Welfare, UP), Aaj Tak television news channel, and Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, were named as respondents in the PIL.
The bench had on October 15 last had issued a notice to Aaj Tak directing it to produce all documents relating to the matter of Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust.
The channel today filed sealed documents before the bench as directed earlier.
The bench later directed the EOW probing the case to submit details of the investigation including case dairy on the next date of hearing on February 1.
HC Asks Cops for Probe Report into Khurshid's NGO
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Don't Vote For JD(U), BJP-LJP Will Form Next Govt,' Says Chirag Paswan
- Air Chief Marshal On Eastern Border Standoff: China Can’t Get Better Of Us
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- RCB Vs DC LIVE: No Favourites In Dubai Big Bash
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- 2 CRPF Personnel Killed In Terrorist Attack In Kashmir’s Pampore
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- Delhi Riots: Umar Khalid Sent To 14 Days Judicial Custody
- AIIMS Report A 'Slap' On Those 'Defaming' Maharashtra: Minister
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Veteran Spinner Amit Mishra's Season Ends With Fractured Finger
- Cavani To Man Utd, Depay To Barca: Possible Transfer Deadline Day Deals