After working with Zakir Hussain in the album Hazir, singer Hariharan is all set to launch a sequel soon.
"It is 15-16 years we since we launched Hazir. I have been hearing from people why we are not taking the initiative beyond what we experimented. In Hazir 2 I guess we have sought to further our musical trip and a whole new listening experience," Hariharan said here at the launch of a new weekly tabloid Good News Tab.
Asked about his equations with Zakir, he said, "It is vibrant and we understand what the other wants."
Hariharan, who had won National Award twice for playback singing, will bring out a new album with Leslie Lewis in October. The duo co-founded the 'Colonial Cousins'.
He hoped it would get positive vibes like the Colonial Cousins, The Way We Do It and Aatma (2001).
The 1996 album had won platinum as the first Indian act to be featured on MTV Unplugged.
"I know Lewis for many years. We complement each other with our own styles of singing," he said.
Referring to late ghazal king Mehdi Hassan, Hariharan said "You can term him the university where singers like me were the graduate and post-graduate students. He was an institution where we merely studied and qualified."
Recalling when he sang the Md Rafi number aaja aaja main hoon pyar tera with Asha Bhosle in Kolkata, he said, "I would love to perform again with Ashaji in this city."
Asked about his views on reality shows, Hariharan said, "It is a good platform for children. But winners should not consider themselves stars and instead consider it as the first step of 'sadhana' to attain stardom after a long journey."
Hariharan to Bring Out New Album With Zakir Hussain
THE LATEST ISSUE
- World Cup Live, IND vs ENG: India Set 338 After Bairstow Ton and Stokes Blitzkrieg
- Who Are We To 'Question Zaira Wasim's Choices': Omar Abdullah On Actor's Decision To Quit Films
- Amid Water Scarcity In Country, PM Modi Pitches For Water Conservation In 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Not Just Milk, What's Common Between Rishabh Pant and Virender Sehwag
- Gunshots In Air, Sweets To Police Personnel: Akash Vijayvargiya Supporters Celebrate MLA's Release
- Trump's America Is Once Again Locking Horns With Iran. What Should India Do?
- Do Driving And Education Have A Connection?
- Ola, Ole! How's The Patient Doing?
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- Pakistan Fans To Support India Vs England, Sing Jana Gana Mana
- WATCH | Puddles Of Water On Viewing Gallery's Floor In Sardar Patel's Statue Of Unity
- Muslim Mother Who Named Her Child 'Narendra Modi' Wants To Change His Name, But...
- Telangana: Woman Official Goes On Plantation Drive, TRS Men Thrash Her With Sticks -- VIDEO
- I Represent 'Inclusive India', Says Nusrat Jahan On Fatwa Over Her Attire
- Dangal Actor Zaira Wasim Quits Bollywood, Says It Was Leading Her To 'Path Of Ignorance'
- WATCH: Patient Dragged On Bedsheet To X-Ray Room In MP's Jabalpur, Three Suspended
- Movie Review: Article 15 Can Help Detox Those Hit By Kabir Singh’s Toxic Masculinity