Pakistan speedster Umar Gul today stated that he and his teammates are unaware about the comments made by interior minister Rehman Malik on match-fixing issue and their focus was entirely on the semi-final match against India.
Earlier during the day, Malik warned the Pakistan team to refraining from match-fixing and also said that there would be a "close watch" on players' activities.
"I am not aware of this until you pointed out. We don't focus on the media, we are focusing only on our cricket. The kind of pressure we have had over the last several months and the way we have handled it, this is no pressure at all. We are focusing totally on our game," Gul replied when the media sought his reaction on the comments made by the Pakistan minister.
Gul, who has been bowling superbly feels that it's not only the result which will be of great consequence but the match will also help create an atmosphere of peace and bonhomie.
"It is important not just from the cricket perspective but it also brings both the countries closer. It's very good not only for the players but also for both the countries," he said.
Prime Ministers of both India and Pakistan besides a host of top dignitaries from the two nations will also watch the Mohali semi-final.
Gul said that people from both the countries want that India and Pakistan should play more often.
"It is very good for both countries. People from both countries want us to play each other often. Both fans enjoy the cricket because the more we play each other, it's better. I hope it will be a good match and both countries play well," he said.
Asked with so much hype surrounding the Mohali match, does the team fear any backlash from the fans if they go down to India, "always, both teams are under pressure. Fans of both teams can't bear a loss...Whatever support we are getting we are happy. We will try to do our best, winning or losing is not in our hands. We can only give our best."
Gul Unaware About Malik's Comments on Match-Fixing
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Don't Vote For JD(U), BJP-LJP Will Form Next Govt,' Says Chirag Paswan
- Air Chief Marshal On Eastern Border Standoff: China Can’t Get Better Of Us
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- RCB Vs DC LIVE: No Favourites In Dubai Big Bash
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- 2 CRPF Personnel Killed In Terrorist Attack In Kashmir’s Pampore
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- Delhi Riots: Umar Khalid Sent To 14 Days Judicial Custody
- AIIMS Report A 'Slap' On Those 'Defaming' Maharashtra: Minister
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Veteran Spinner Amit Mishra's Season Ends With Fractured Finger
- Cavani To Man Utd, Depay To Barca: Possible Transfer Deadline Day Deals