The campaigning for second phase of Assembly elections for 95 constituencies in Gujarat ended today where all political parties including Congress and BJP went all out to woo voters in their final push ahead of December 17 polling.
In two phase elections for the Gujarat Assembly, polling in the second phase will witness 1,98,99,501 voters deciding the fate of 820 candidates who are in the fray for 95 seats.
As per the Election Commission notification campaigning ended at 5 pm today, 48 hours before voting for the second phase.
Voting for the second phase on 23,318 polling stations, will begin at 8 am on Monday and will end at 5 pm.
In the second phase 1,03,58,265 male and 95,41,157 female voters will seal the fate of 820 candidates including the Chief Minister Narendra Modi against whom Congress has fielded Shweta Bhatt, wife of suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt.
Other important candidates in fray are Congress' Shankarsinh Vaghela, BJP's Amit Shah and Gujarat Parivartan Party's Jagruti Pandya.
Buoyed by record high voter turnout, 70.75 per cent, in the first phase for 87 seats on Thursday, Congress party, on the last day, has again brought Rahul Gandhi in the campaigning, who addressed a public rally in Bhuj.
On the other side BJP under the leadership of its star campaigner and Chief Minister Narendra Modi has also left no stone unturned to give a last and decisive push to attract voters for the party.
Modi has appealed to the people to surpass the voting percentage of first phase in the second phase.
Apart from 284 independent candidates BJP is contesting on all 95 seats going to the poll in this phase, whereas Congress has fielded 92, and newly formed Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of former BJP Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is contesting on 84 seats.
Gujarat Polls: Campaigning Ends for 2nd Phase
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- Lalu Prasad Yadav Granted Bail In Fodder Scam Case, But To Remain In Jail
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- If There’s Evidence Of TRP Manipulations, I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%, Says Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready, Sasikala May Walk Out Of Jail Any Time Now: Lawyer
- Piyush Goyal Gets Additional Charge After Paswan's Death
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- 'BJP To Rule For 30-Years, If People Hang Vivekananda's Picture:' Biplab
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA