The UPA government is "unperturbed" by protests as its Lokpal Bill is "one of the best" and it was following all Parliamentary procedures, Union minister E Ahamed said today.
Asserting that Parliament's "importance cannot be reduced", the Minister of State for Human Resource Development (HRD), while replying to queries on Anna Hazare's token fast at Jantar Mantar today, said the UPA government "is committed" to checking corruption.
"That's why we brought this Bill, the Lokpal Bill is one of the best bills."
"If you want to make a small issue a bigger issue, you can have it. But so far the UPA government is concerned, we are not perturbed.... Parliament is supreme.... We are always following Parliamentary procedures. Parliament's importance cannot be reduced," Ahamed told reporters here.
He, however, added, "There may be some opinion about the provisions of the Bill. Anybody may very well ventilate their sentiment. Anybody can move an amendment because it is a democracy."
Govt 'Unperturbed' by Lokpal Protests: Ahamed
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- KXIP Vs CSK LIVE: Faf, Watson Toy With Punjab; Chennai 135/0 (14)
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- Hathras: Chandrashekhar Meets Family
- Bihar Elections: 47 Open Grounds, 19 Halls For Public Rallies
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Nadal Makes Light Work Of Korda In Gusty Paris