The Government will shortly introduce a new Companies Act which would ensure greater transparency and accountability in corporate India, a senior Central government official said.
"The new Companies Act is already placed on the table of the House. A committee has been constituted of renowned Parliamentarians and they are working on it. We are very hopeful that within 3-4 months we will have a new Companies Act," Ministry of Corporate Affairs' Secretary, R Bandyopadhyay, said at a function here.
"The new Act will also make corporate India more responsible," Bandyopadhyay said.
He said more new company regulations would come up in the future to ensure greater transparency and accountability in corporate India.
On the Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP) Act, Bandyopadhyay said, "Under the LLP Act, chartered accountants, company secretaries and advocates can now set up multi-disciplinary firms that will act as one-stop shops for people to avail of various professional services."
"We have also introduced e-stamping," he said, adding "we will streamline the use of MCA-21 for information from the corporate marketplace and cross-checking them," he said.
Govt to Introduce New Companies Act Soon
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Dogs Roamed Around. I Thought Corona Was Better Than Rabies': Kashmiri Woman On Quarantine Facility
- 800 Who Came In Contact With COVID-19 Positive Delhi Doctor Quarantined
- Coronavirus Pandemic Live Updates: 3rd Death Reported In Gujarat, 4th In Maharashtra
- Harassment Of Workers Threatens Production Of Coronavirus Testing Kits
- 'Exercise, Exercise, Exercise': Omar Abdullah Talks About Time In Detention
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Doctors, Nurses Fighting Coronavirus Can't Even Get To Hospitals With Dignity
- Coronavirus Infection Rate Slows In Italy, But Deaths Continue To Rise
- With Over 3,600 Coronavirus Deaths, Spain Surpasses China's Death Toll
- COVID-19: Wimbledon Could Be Postponed Or Cancelled – Organisers
- Coronavirus: Outlook Suspends Print Edition Temporarily, Goes Digital
- J&K Govt Traces, Quarantines 150 People With International Travel History
- 'People In White Coats Are Gods Right Now': PM Warns Against Discrimination
- Stokes Continues With IPL Preparations Despite Cancellation Threat