The Government will shortly introduce a new Companies Act which would ensure greater transparency and accountability in corporate India, a senior Central government official said.
"The new Companies Act is already placed on the table of the House. A committee has been constituted of renowned Parliamentarians and they are working on it. We are very hopeful that within 3-4 months we will have a new Companies Act," Ministry of Corporate Affairs' Secretary, R Bandyopadhyay, said at a function here.
"The new Act will also make corporate India more responsible," Bandyopadhyay said.
He said more new company regulations would come up in the future to ensure greater transparency and accountability in corporate India.
On the Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP) Act, Bandyopadhyay said, "Under the LLP Act, chartered accountants, company secretaries and advocates can now set up multi-disciplinary firms that will act as one-stop shops for people to avail of various professional services."
"We have also introduced e-stamping," he said, adding "we will streamline the use of MCA-21 for information from the corporate marketplace and cross-checking them," he said.
Govt to Introduce New Companies Act Soon
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Chidambaram's Lawyer Willing To Give Undertaking That He Won't Flee, Will Cooperate
- US President Donald Trump Offers To Mediate Kashmir Issue Again, Says It's 'Complicated Place'
- Chandrayaan-2 Spacecraft Successfully Enters 2nd Lunar Orbit: ISRO
- 'Disgraceful Misuse Of Power': Rahul Gandhi Flays BJP Govt Over Action Against Chidambaram
- India’s Largest Biscuit Manufacturer Parle Says It Could Slash 10,000 Jobs: Report
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- CBI Books NDTV Founders Prannoy Roy, Wife And Others In FDI Violation Case
- Three Killed As Flood Relief Helicopter Crashes In Rain-Hit Uttarkashi
- LeT Militant, Police Officer Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- Preview: WI Vs IND, 1st Test
- Chidambaram 'Hunted Down' For Speaking Truth Inconvenient To Cowards: Priyanka Gandhi
- Public Transport Resumes In Parts Of Kashmir, Students Still Stay Away From Schools
- Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Babulal Gaur Passes Away At 89
- Preview: Ashes, 3rd Test, ENG Vs AUS