The government today set up a 21-member panel, including representatives from the government and regulatory authorities as also industry leaders like Anand Mahindra and Kumar Mangalam Birla, to suggest ways for reforming regulatory environment for doing business in India.
The panel has been set up at a time when concerns are being raised by the industry and investors, from India and abroad, about perception of policy paralysis and lack of required economic reforms.
The committee, headed by former Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) chairman M
Damodaran, would prepare a detailed report within six months and submit the same to the government, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) said in a press release.
"There is a need to conduct an in-depth study into the entire gamut of regulatory framework and come out with a detailed roadmap for improving the climate of business in India in a time bound manner," the release said.
Besides, Mahindra Group chairman Anand Mahindra and Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumar Mangalam
Birla, other panel members include ITC Chairman Y C Deveshwar, Tata Sons Director Ishaant Hussain and Teri Vice-Chairman R K
There would also be representatives from Sebi, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Ministries of Corporate Affairs, Finance, Power, Petroleum, Highways, Commerce and Industry and Urban Development.
Easing of business environment mandates extensive examination of regulations in different areas such as financial and governance reforms and liberalised policy framework, MCA said.
Govt Sets Up Panel to Improve Business Climate
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Making India $5 Trillion Economy 'Challenging But Achievable': PM Modi At Niti Aayog Meet
- Bihar: Death Toll Due To Suspected Acute Encephalitis Mounts To 73 In Muzaffarpur
- Standoff Continues As Striking Bengal Doctors Refuse To Meet Mamata Banerjee
- CWC 2019, AUS Vs SL: Finch-Smith Fall In Quick Succession, AUS Near 300
- It's Easy To Blame Doctors. Who Cares About India's Dilapidated Health Infrastructure?
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Nitish Saw Modi Wave Coming, Made Amends In Time To Return To NDA
- Pak Will Engage With India In 'Dignified Manner', Up To Delhi To Decide: Pak FM Shah Mehmood Qureshi
- Enact Specific Laws To Protect Doctors, Medical Professionals: Harsh Vardhan Writes To All CMs
- Prannoy Roy, Radhika Roy To Challenge 'Outrageous' Sebi Order on NDTV Management
- SA Vs AFG: Unchanged South Africa Bowl First
- MP: Panchayat Outcasts Rape-Survivor's Family After They Failed To Organise Feast To 'Purify' Her
- Is Mamata Losing The Plot? Anti-Mamataism Fast Becoming A State Of Bengali Mind
- Why Litchi May Not Be Responsible For Child Deaths In Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- In Gujarat, Seven Die After Inhaling Toxic Fumes While Cleaning Sewer