The government today set up a 21-member panel, including representatives from the government and regulatory authorities as also industry leaders like Anand Mahindra and Kumar Mangalam Birla, to suggest ways for reforming regulatory environment for doing business in India.
The panel has been set up at a time when concerns are being raised by the industry and investors, from India and abroad, about perception of policy paralysis and lack of required economic reforms.
The committee, headed by former Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) chairman M
Damodaran, would prepare a detailed report within six months and submit the same to the government, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) said in a press release.
"There is a need to conduct an in-depth study into the entire gamut of regulatory framework and come out with a detailed roadmap for improving the climate of business in India in a time bound manner," the release said.
Besides, Mahindra Group chairman Anand Mahindra and Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumar Mangalam
Birla, other panel members include ITC Chairman Y C Deveshwar, Tata Sons Director Ishaant Hussain and Teri Vice-Chairman R K
There would also be representatives from Sebi, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Ministries of Corporate Affairs, Finance, Power, Petroleum, Highways, Commerce and Industry and Urban Development.
Easing of business environment mandates extensive examination of regulations in different areas such as financial and governance reforms and liberalised policy framework, MCA said.
Govt Sets Up Panel to Improve Business Climate
THE LATEST ISSUE
- CJI To Consider Chidambaram's Case For Urgent Listing; ED Issues Lookout Notice
- US President Donald Trump Offers To Mediate Kashmir Issue Again, Says It's 'Complicated Place'
- Who Is Ratul Puri, Kamal Nath's Nephew Arrested In Rs 354-Cr Bank Fraud Case?
- Militant, Police Officer Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- 'Hunted Down' For Speaking Truth 'Inconvenient To Cowards': Priyanka Gandhi Backs Chidambaram
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- '... Await The Mentioned Hearing': Chidambaram's Lawyer Tells CBI After Moving SC
- Ahead Of DU's Student Union Polls, ABVP Amid Criticism Installs Savarkar's Statue Outside Campus
- 63 Dead This Monsoon Season In Rain-Ravaged Himachal Pradesh
- Mumbai Terror Attack Mastermind Hafiz Saeed Challenges His Arrest In Pakistan Court
- Pakistan Says Will Approach ICJ Over India's Move On Kashmir
- Ahead Of State Polls, Amit Shah Holds Meet With BJP Leaders, Assigns Them Key Roles
- Competition In Test Cricket Has Increased: Kohli
- Preview: Ashes, 3rd Test, ENG Vs AUS