"Very often, good people lose elections. I lost mine also", Uttarakhand Governor Margaret Alva said today after Chief Minister B C Khanduri today her and submitted his resignation.
"I wish him (Khanduri) all the best and I am sure his party (BJP) will use him in one capacity or the other", Alva told reporters.
Khanduri lost the assembly election from Kotedar constituency and his party BJP finished a close second behind Congress in the elections that gave majority to none of the two main contenders for power.
Good People Often Lose Polls: Alva About Khanduri
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Six Who Attended Religious Gathering In Delhi Die Due To Coronavirus In Telengana
- SACHIN'S PERSONAL DIARY: Sleeping Well, Varan-Bhaat And Pink Floyd – How 'God Of Cricket' Is Combating Coronavirus
- Highrises Of Nightmares! Why Coronavirus Will Extend Slowdown Period In Real Estate Sector
- 175 People From Nizamuddin Being Tested For Covid-19; Police To Register FIR Against Maulana
- Rebranding China In The Time Of Coronavirus
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Meghalaya Allows Home Delivery Of Liquor On Health Grounds
- Coronavirus: With 4 Deaths In 24 Hrs, India Toll Reaches 29; Cases Rise To 1,071
- Tokyo Olympics Rescheduled For July 23-August 8 In 2021
- Migrant Workers Sprayed With Chemicals, Bareilly DM Admits 'Mistake'
- Corona Silences Tamil Nadu’s Majestic Nadhaswarams
- Leopard Spotted In Chandigarh’s Residential Area Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Will Stray Animals Survive The Coronavirus Lockdown?
- EXCLUSIVE | Simon Taufel Hails Virender Sehwag's Temperament, Humour