Goa BJP has apologised today for not having even a single woman candidate from the party to contest the forthcoming state legislative assembly polls.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar has said that the party is apologetic about not being able to select a woman candidate from the list of 32 seats, which they have been contesting in alliance with Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP).
"We tried to have a woman candidate, but we could not get. That is why, we support 33 per cent political reservations," he said.
The former chief minister said, "In Goa, the election strategy becomes a full time job, which goes on till late night."
While there is no woman candidate in the BJP list, the party has supported candidature of Nirmala Sawant, a woman independent contestant from Cumbharjua constituency.
Goa BJP Apologizes for Not Having Women Candidates
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Amid Backlash, Centre Questions Intent Of PIL Seeking Halt Of Central Vista Construction
- Cong Will Be Remembered For ‘Duplicity, Pettiness’: JP Nadda To Sonia Gandhi
- India Logs 3.29 Lakh New Cases, 3,876 Deaths
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Covid Explained: How Vaccines Work On Different Body Types
- What Is Mucormycosis? What Are Its Symptoms And Treatment?
- Bengaluru To Witness Covid Peak By May 17: Experts
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Users Who Don’t Accept Privacy Terms Won’t Get Calls: WhatsApp
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- Some Indian Players Didn't Like COVID-19 Restrictions: MI Coach
- Checkmate COVID: Vishy, Four Other GMs To Raise Fund