M S Gill, who has been shifted from Sports and Youth Affairs Ministry to Statistics and Programme Implementation Ministry, today did not attend the Union Cabinet meeting amidst indications that he is sulking over being given a lesser important portfolio.
No reason was given for his absence from the first meeting of the Cabinet after yesterday's reshuffle, sources said.
Gill could not be reached for his comment on the absence after it came to light.
However, earlier, he made clear his sulk through some cryptic remarks on being shifted.
"I have forgotten that time (as a sports minister)...God has screwed my head in such a way that I can't look back and look forward," Gill said when asked how he looked back at his previous tenure.
Asked whether he was happy at the new portfolio being given to him, the former Chief Election Commissioner remarked, "I don't look at any moves to study how and why or what has been done. I am not interested in all that."
Gill, who was shifted out of the Sports Ministry against the backdrop of attack on him over the mess in Commonwealth Games preparations, said, "it's a new day for me and I am looking forward to that."
He has been replaced by Ajay Maken, former Minister of State for Home Affairs, who was elevated as MoS with Independent charge.
Gill Skips First Cabinet Meet After Reshuffle
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Final: Joseph-Inspired Gokulam Stun Bagan To Lift Trophy
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths