Former US President George W Bush arrived here this evening on a "personal visit" and checked into the iconic Taj Mahal hotel in South Mumbai.
"A private jet carrying Bush and his entourage landed at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport sometime back. He is in Mumbai for some personal work," a senior IPS official told PTI.
The 65-year-old Bush and his team checked into the Taj Mahal hotel where he is likely to attend an event tomorrow, police said.
A Quick Response Team (QRT) has been deployed outside the hotel for his security, they said.
Bush, who was the President of United States between 2001-2009, is scheduled to leave the city early morning on Wednesday.
George Bush in Mumbai for 'Personal Visit'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: Death Toll In India Reaches 6; Positive Cases Climb To 341
- Janata Curfew Underway; Streets Empty As PM Modi Urges People To Stay Home
- 13 Soldiers Untraceable 24 Hours After Encounter With Naxals In Chhattisgarh
- From Handling Trauma Victims To COVID-19 Patients, Abdul Rehman Has Carried Them All
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: India's Death Toll Rises To 5 As Man Dies In Maharashtra
- Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Crosses 13,000 As 1 Billion Confined To Homes
- Coronavirus: Health Authorities In Kashmir Demand Ventilators
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- Baroda Women's Cricket Coach Suspended For Alleged Harassment
- Olympics: IOC Asks Member Countries About Coronavirus Impact