Ruling National Conference leader Mustafa Kamal today accused hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani of being "a double agent" on "the payroll of Pakistan's ISI".
"(Geelani is) a double agent .. A four time MLA who has been drawing pension and has been even on the payroll of ISI, should we consider him fit enough to talk about morality," National Conference Additional General Secretary Mustafa Kamal alleged, referring to Geelani who was an MLA from Sopore constituency before militancy erupted in Jammu and Kashmir.
Kamal, uncle of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and younger brother of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah, claimed that Geelani was taking "dictation" from Pakistan.
"Whenever even a Pakistani clerk comes to India and summons this ex-lawmaker, he rushes to Delhi to take dictation about how to ensure that uncertainty prevails in the state," he said.
Kamal said Geelani has tried to "ignite and incite" people by "hollow slogans and destructive emotionalism".
Geelani on ISI Payroll: NC Leader
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Lok Sabha Elections: 66% Turn Out Recorded In Second Phase
- India Suspends Cross LoC Trade, Says Routes Being Misued By Pak Groups
- 'What Was In PM Modi's Chopper': Congress Questions EC For Suspending IAS Officer
- IPL 2019, Live Cricket Score, DC Vs MI: Rahul Chahar's Double-Strike Puts Delhi On Backfoot
- Movie Review: 'Kalank' Is A Wrong Movie At A Wrong Time From KJo's Gloss Factory
- Why NaMo TV Should Not Be Banned
- The Politics Of Degrees: Is It Important That Leaders Be Well Educated?
- Ole Navigates Tricky Territory As Manchester United's Season Hits Crunch-Time
- Free Trips And The Art Of Looting Public Money By Indian Sports Administrators
- It Is Okay To Dig Up The Dead During Elections In Tamil Nadu
- Welcome To Tulip Garden – A Game Of Normalcy In Seething Kashmir
- Second Phase Polling: Srinagar Lok Sabha Seat Witnesses Low Turnout
- BJP Neglected Our Party SBSP Because Of Caste Factor: O P Rajbhar
- 22,000 Jaypee Homebuyers Jittery As NBCC Delays Bid
- Why The Ban On TikTok Is Exclusionary And Exposes Our 'Paternalism'
- Don't Resort To Predatory Pricing Of Tickets: Govt Tells Airlines
- Kashmir Cannot Be Separated From India Till A Single BJP Worker Is Alive: Amit Shah
- Election Commission Has An Anti-Dalit Mindset, Alleges Mayawati
- Where Is The Promised National Education Policy?