New Delhi-based writer and rights activist Gautam Navlakha, known for his pro-separatist views, was today not allowed by police to enter the Kashmir Valley, officials said.
Navlakha, who arrived from Delhi this afternoon, was detained at the Srinagar Airport and ordered to return to the national capital.
"He has been restrained from entering under section 144 CrPC. The orders have been issued by the District Magistrate," Senior Superintendent of Police for Budgam district Uttam Chand told PTI.
Navlakha, a frequent traveller to the Valley for last two decades, has written extensively about alleged human rights violations in the state and is a consulting editor of a leading magazine.
Gautam Navlakha not Allowed to Enter Kashmir Valley
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%: Governor Shaktikanta Das
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready, Sasikala May Walk Out Of Jail Any Time Now: Lawyer
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Donald Trump ‘Safe’ To Return To Public Life: Doctors
- Farmers’ Outfits Call For Nationwide ‘Chaka Jam’ On November 3
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA