French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier, facing charges of raping his four-year-old daughter, today sought a copy of the report on DNA tests of blood and semen samples collected from him.
"Pascal has petitioned Cubbon Park police seeking report on DNA tests of blood and semen samples collected from him," police said here.
The DNA test report of the Forensic Science Laboratory had revealed that the stains on the frock and inner wear of the victim matched with the DNA sample of the accused, but the swab taken from the child did not match that of the accused.
Earlier this week, Pascal in a letter to City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji had sought a thorough probe into the case saying the DNA report clearly excluded his participation in the alleged rape.
Pascal said he presumed some other male person has had access to his daughter in his absence and might have committed the crime and wondered why his wife was not trying to find out who that was.
On October 17, Karnataka High Court had granted conditional bail to Pascal, arrested for allegedly raping his minor daughter, observing that the circumstantial evidence did not "specify" he had committed the offence.
French Envoy Accused of Rape Seeks DNA Report
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Flu-like Symptoms? COVID-19 Or Not, This Is What You Should Do
- Covid-19 Testing Kits Limited, Centre's Help Welcome: Chattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel
- Odisha Becomes First State To Extend Lockdown Till April 30
- 7 Decades After Formation, Country's Premier Cultural Body Continues To Impart Indian Values To World
- The 1896 Bombay Plague: Lessons In What Not To Do
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Jharkhand Will Have To Pay Huge Price If We Are Not Medically Prepared: CM
- Doctor Who Treated Slum Dwellers Dies From Coronavirus In Indore
- 3 Arrested For Attacking Man Over 'Conspiracy To Spread Coronavirus'
- Aggressive Testing Is South Korea's Answer To COVID-19 Crisis
- Kashmir Hospital Returns 6 Ventilators To NGO Due To Lack Of Beds, Staff
- Not Wearing Mask Outside Home Can Now Attract Fine, Jail Term In Delhi
- Late NBA Legend Kobe Bryant's Latest Book To Debut Atop Best-Seller Lost
- Alleged Bookie Chawla’s Counsel To File Another Bail Plea After April 14