Freedom fighter and former MP Debanand Amat passed away at Balani village in Odisha's Sundargarh district.
Amat, 95, died at his house due to old age related ailments last evening, family sources said.
A four-time MP, Amat was elected to the Lok Sabha thrice and was a member of the Rajya Sabha during 1973-74.
Amat who was born on January 16, 1916 had started his political career in early age. He was associated with different political parties, including Janta Dal and Congress.
Amat is survived by wife, four sons and two daughters.
The last rites were performed at Vedvyas on the bank of river Brahmani.
Freedom Fighter Debanand Amat Dead
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Himanta Biswa Sarma Takes Oath As The CM Of Assam, Here Are The Names Of Other Ministers
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases, 3,754 Deaths
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- Natasha Narwal Granted Interim Bail After Father Dies Of Covid-19
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- BCCI Will Be Ultra-cautious For T20 World Cup: Jimmy Neesham