Police here today arrested four members of majority community for allegedly placing pieces of meat at a temple at Kurmaguda that triggered communal violence in some areas of old city on April 8.
The SIT of Hyderabad Police arrested Nagaraj, a sanitation supervisor, Kiran Kumar, Ramesh and Dayanand Singh, who under the influence of liquor allegedly planted cow leg pieces and also sprinkled green color on the temple premises on the intervening night of April 7-8 to throw blame on the members of Muslim community, a senior police officer said.
Subsequently, several incidents of violence took place in the communally sensitive areas of old city with members of two communities clashing and indulging in stabbing and heavy stone-pelting, prompting authorities to clamp indefinite curfew under Saidabad and Madannapet police station limits for almost a week.
Even as the curfew was in force, similar incidents were reported where pieces of meat were found lying on the premises of places of worship in Kachiguda and Moghalpura.
According to the senior SIT official, the four accused have given confession and investigation has established that one Srinivas alias Salman Srinu, a private money lender and Niranjan, partner in a wine shop, decided to cause tension between the two communities in Kurmaguda.
It was Srinivas and Niranjan, who are absconding hatched a conspiracy and instigated Nagaraj, Kiran Kumar, Ramesh and Dayanand Singh to create communal hatred, the police officer said.
The SIT has so far arrested 23 persons in connection with violent incidents.
Four Arrested for Placing Meat in a Temple
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Every Dose Of Covid Vaccine Wasted Is Denying Someone Protection: PM Modi
- Elections: Why India Deserves Freedom From Family Rule
- Cyclone Tauktae: 38 From Barge Still Missing, Navy’s Search Continues For 4th Day
- 'Speak properly,' Kiren Rijiju Admonishes IOA Boss Narinder Batra In Tokyo Review Meeting
- Covid Second Wave: Modi's Larger-Than-Life Image Takes A Big Hit
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- My Book Is About My Making, Breaking & Remaking: Kabir Bedi
- India Logs 2,76,110 Covid-19 Cases; Daily Deaths Below 4,000
- Gaza's Health System Suffers Under Repeated Wars
- Review Of Pink, All I Know So Far: Rockstar Mama
- MP's Satpura Tiger Reserve, Bhedaghat In Tentative UNESCO Heritage Sites List
- Tauktae Impact: Delhi Records Highest-Ever 24-Hour Rainfall In May
- Dravid Named Coach For Team India
- Milkha Tests Positive For COVID-19