Former Union minister Upendra Nath Verma died today at private hospital after prolonged illness, his family sources said here.
He was 90.
Verma was a minister in the V P Singh government in 1989-90.
He was presently Bihar State Farmer Commission's chairman.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has expressed grief at the death of the former Union minister and announced state funeral to the departed leader tomorrow.
Former Union Minister Upendra Nath Verma Dead
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As India Boycotts Pak Day Celebration, China Helps Pakistan Avoid Embarrassment
- Imran Khan Tweets PM Modi's Greetings On Pak National Day As India Boycotts Event At High Commission
- India's Chanakyas: Meet The 'Backroom Boys' Of Top Political Leaders
- Even Narendra Modi Is In Awe Of This Naveen Patnaik Confidant
- Sidelined By Party, Is Advani Headed For Rajya Sabha?
- The Deteriorating State Of Modern Music
- Tarun Gogoi Ko Gussa Kyon Aata Hain
- Kohli Is Already An Era-Defining Genius, Don't Read Further
- With Teni Da's Demise, Comes An End Of An Era In Bengali Films
- New Zealand Massacre: Colonisation, Immigration, And White Man's Victimhood
- Solskjaer’s Magical Case For Manchester United Exceptionalism
- Gambhir's Patriotism Makes Him Ideal Choice For BJP. Here Are Some Of His Mercurial Quotes
- 12-Year-Old Boy Held Hostage By Militants In Bandipora Killed
- Lok Sabha Elections: In Bihar
, Congress Gets 9, RJD 20
- Reports On Increase In Unemployment Data Are Fake: KJ Alphons
- Sam Pitroda Questions Death Toll In Balakot Airstrike, Bats For Dialogue With Pakistan
- Kerala: Same Old Rivalry On Cards Despite BJP Eyeing An Upset Or Two
- IPL 2019 Curtain Raiser: Amid World Cup Disquiet, Cricket Gets Ready For Annual Carnival
- BJP's First List Of Candidates Has A Message For Opposition Parties