Former Union minister Upendra Nath Verma died today at private hospital after prolonged illness, his family sources said here.
He was 90.
Verma was a minister in the V P Singh government in 1989-90.
He was presently Bihar State Farmer Commission's chairman.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has expressed grief at the death of the former Union minister and announced state funeral to the departed leader tomorrow.
Former Union Minister Upendra Nath Verma Dead
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Amritsar Train Accident: Protesters Clash With Police After Being Chased Away From Tracks
- It's Do-Or-Die Battle For Congress In Upcoming Assembly Elections
- Three Militants Killed, Two Soldiers Injured In Encounter In JK’s Kulgam
- BJP Releases First List For Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Mizoram Assembly Polls
- Live Updates: IND Vs WI, 1st ODI – India Bowl First, Pant Makes Debut
- Rail Apps: When A Train Ticket Examiner Left Passengers Speechless
- Durga Puja In Calcutta A Parable Of Life
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Modi Accuses UPA Government For Delaying Police Memorial
- BJP To Cast Magic Spell On Voters For Upcoming Assembly Polls In MP
- Sabarimala Row: Two Women Prevented From Climbing Holy Hills
- Denmark Open: Saina Nehwal Enters Final, Kidambi Srikanth Crashes Out
- #MeToo: Anu Malik Asked To Step Down As 'Indian Idol 10' Judge After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- US To Pull Out Of Intermediate Range Nuclear Force Treaty With Russia
- US Will Get To Bottom Of Khashoggi's Murder, Not In Favour Of Scrapping Saudi Arms Deal
- Asian Champions Trophy: India Beat Pakistan 3-1 In Blockbuster Clash