Former Union minister Upendra Nath Verma died today at private hospital after prolonged illness, his family sources said here.
He was 90.
Verma was a minister in the V P Singh government in 1989-90.
He was presently Bihar State Farmer Commission's chairman.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has expressed grief at the death of the former Union minister and announced state funeral to the departed leader tomorrow.
Former Union Minister Upendra Nath Verma Dead
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Two Most Powerful Warriors Are Patience And Time: Rahul Gandhi Tweets On CM Race
- Exclusive | Outlook-Lokniti-CSDS Election Analysis: What Led To Congress' Win In Hindi Heartland
- Sachin Pilot Appeals Supporters To Maintain Calm; Says Will Welcome Rahul, Sonia Gandhi's Decision
- SC Verdict On Pleas Seeking Probe In Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- How A Football Enthusiast And A Theatre Artist Turned To Militancy
- Why There Is A Problem With Opinion Polls In India
- Introduced And Cancelled: Why India's Semi-High-Speed Trains Struggle To Survive
- When Omar Retweets Mehbooba And Drabu 'Likes' Lone's Tweets
- In Karnataka, Ministry Expansion Is Back To The Front Once Again
- Here's Why PM Modi's G20 Move On Economic Offenders Is Unlikely To Change Anything
- Thugs Of Hindostan: Why is Aamir Khan Sorry? Nobody Is Infallible At The Box Office
- KCR Takes Oath, Begins Second Consecutive Term As Telangana CM
- 'Who Should Be the CM?': Rahul Gandhi Asks Party Workers In An Audio Message
- Nobody Should Try To Make India An Islamic Country: Meghalaya HC Judge
- 2nd Test Preview: Rare Chance For India To Dominate Aussies On Perth Green Top
- Hockey World Cup: India's Wait Continue, Lose To Netherlands 1-2 In Brutal Quarters
- Don't Look At Army As Job Provider: Gen Bipin Rawat
- You Want Us To Go Around Delhi Execute These People? Dismissed: SC On Execution Plea In Nirbhaya Case
- Private Banks Must Stay In Indian Hands, RSS Affiliate Tells RBI Governor