Freedom fighter and former MP Shashi Bhushan died at a hospital here today.
He was 88.
Bhushan, who was member of Parliament for two terms, was awarded the Communal Harmony award and the Padma Bhushan in 2006. He was elected to Lok Sabha from South Delhi constituency in 1971 when he defeated All India Jan Sangh president Balraj Madhok.
He was admitted at Apollo Hospital for the last one month and breathed his last today, a statement said.
Bhushan is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
He had established Institute for Socialist Education in Delhi which has been working for promotion of secular ideas and was member of the National Implementation Committee set by the Government to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the first war of Independence.
Former MP Shashi Bhushan Dead
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- First Death Sentence Awarded In 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots Case; Life Term To Another
- Chilli Powder Thrown At CM Arvind Kejriwal Inside Delhi Secretariat
- Sushma Swaraj Says Won’t Contest 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Cites Health Reasons
- Electoral Politics In India Will Never Be The Same Without Sushma Swaraj Contesting | Vani Tripathi
- 'None Of You Deserve Any Hearing': SC Miffed Over Leak Of CBI Director Alok Verma's Reply
- Should Rahul Gandhi Say He Is Not A PM Candidate?
- How Calcutta Women Used Humour To Handle Sexual Harassment Before #MeToo
- Why Indian Railways Is Bad At Implementing Big-Ticket Projects
- Tamil Nadu: A State For Statues
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- WATCH: BJP MLA Greeted With Garland Of Shoes In Poll-Bound Madhya Pradesh
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections: Over 60 Per Cent Voter Turn Out
- 'Smash Brahminical Patriarchy' Placard Spoils Twitter Boss Jack Dorsey's India Visit
- Viral Video: New Zealand Players Celebrate Thrilling Four-Run Win Over Pakistan With Bhangra Dance
- Political, Monetary Gains Were Dual Motives In Sohrabuddin's Killing: Investigating Officer To Court
- Jawan Killed, 4 Terrorists Shot Dead In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Shopian
- Can States Opt Out Of General Consent To CBI To Conduct Corruption Probes?
- Tiger Mahavir Died Of Multiple Organ Failure, Says Post-Mortem Report