National Innovation Council Chairman Sam Pitroda today said there is a need to focus on innovation in the "Indian way", to make affordable, sustainable and scalable solutions for the larger public good.
"If we focus on innovation in the Indian way, we will be able to find solutions that are affordable, scalable and sustainable," said Pitroda, who is also the adviser to the Prime Minister on public information infrastructure and innovations.
He was addressing a gathering at CII Western Regional Meeting here through video conference.
"Transforming the country will need us to go back to our roots. We need to revive our tradition to transform India. We cannot depend on western technologies and ideologies for this.
"We cannot go on copying the western model (for growth) which has worked for them, but we need to focus on the bottom of the pyramid and create our own model that is affordable, sustainable and scalable. Western model is not scalable and workable in many ways. We need to innovate in our way," he said.
The government has allocated Rs 1 lakh crore for creating a public information infrastructure and it can "transform the way we manage the country", he said.
By the end of this year, around 2.5 lakh panchayats would be connected by optical fibre, he said. "Also, the Unique Identification Authority platform and the Geographical Information System (GIS) platforms, which are being created, will help in bringing information to the people."
Focus on Innovation in 'Indian Way' Needed: Pitroda
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Cong Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Bihar: Corpses Of Suspected Covid-19 Victims Found Floating In Ganga River
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Users Who Don’t Accept New Privacy Terms Won’t Be Able To Receive Calls: WhatsApp
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Beed: Govt To Probe Discrepancy In Covid Deaths As Funerals Rise
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine