This was announced by Information and Broadcasting Minister S Jaipal Reddy after the cabinet meeting here.
Fixed tenure for Defence, Home Secretaries
New Delhi, Sep 22 (PTI) The Union Cabinet today cleared a fixed tenure of two years for Defence Secretary, Home Secretary and Chiefs of Intelligence Bureau and RAW.
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In Flexing For More Autonomy, RBI Runs Into Govt’s Plans
- After Protests, EC Removes Mizoram's Chief Electoral Officer
- Cyclone Gaja: Storm To Make Landfall In Tamil Nadu Today; State On High Alert, Schools Shut
- Blog | Tamil Nadu: A State For Statues
- Blog | From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- Tamil Nadu: A State For Statues
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- Indian Railways On A Name Changing Spree
- The Relevance of Shah Rukh Khan Long After We’ve Stopped Running Through Mustard Fields
- Is India Different From Pakistan?
- Here's How Smriti Irani Describes 'Long' Wait For DeepVeer Wedding Pictures
- Congress Lost Its Credibility, Says Rajnath Singh In Poll-Bound Chhattisgarh
- India, China Hold Dialogue, Agree To Step Up Military Exchanges
- Maneka Gandhi Orders Probe After #MeToo Cases Surface In All India Radio
- Three Indian-Origin Persons Sentenced For 11 Years In USD 9.3 Million Mortgage Fraud
- Don't Think Current Indian Side Is Better Than Ones I Played Against: Steve Waugh
- Signature Bridge Scuffle: Arvind Kejriwal Named As Accused In FIR Filed By Manoj Tiwari
- Delhi: Fashion Designer, Domestic Help killed In Vasant Kunj Double Murder