This was announced by Information and Broadcasting Minister S Jaipal Reddy after the cabinet meeting here.
Fixed tenure for Defence, Home Secretaries
New Delhi, Sep 22 (PTI) The Union Cabinet today cleared a fixed tenure of two years for Defence Secretary, Home Secretary and Chiefs of Intelligence Bureau and RAW.
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- CJI To Consider Chidambaram's Case For Urgent Listing; ED Issues Lookout Notice
- US President Donald Trump Offers To Mediate Kashmir Issue Again, Says It's 'Complicated Place'
- Public Transport Resumes In Parts Of Kashmir, Students Still Stay Away From Schools
- LeT Militant, Police Officer Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- 'Hunted Down' For Speaking Truth 'Inconvenient To Cowards': Priyanka Gandhi Backs Chidambaram
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- '... Await The Mentioned Hearing': Chidambaram's Lawyer Tells CBI After Moving SC
- Ahead Of DU's Student Union Polls, ABVP Amid Criticism Installs Savarkar's Statue Outside Campus
- 63 Dead This Monsoon Season In Rain-Ravaged Himachal Pradesh
- Mumbai Terror Attack Mastermind Hafiz Saeed Challenges His Arrest In Pakistan Court
- Pakistan Says Will Approach ICJ Over India's Move On Kashmir
- Ahead Of State Polls, Amit Shah Holds Meet With BJP Leaders, Assigns Them Key Roles
- Competition In Test Cricket Has Increased: Kohli
- Preview: Ashes, 3rd Test, ENG Vs AUS