A FIR was today filed against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code, including sediton, for making allegedly inflammatory speeches against the people of Bihar.
The case at Town police station in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district was lodged at the direction of a local court against the Thackeray cousins under 124A (sedition), section 153A (promoting enmity between different groups of people), 120B (criminal conspiracy) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) of the IPC.
Advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha had filed the case in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh on September five against the Thackerays.
The court had subsequently directed the police to lodge an FIR against the accused persons.
Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said the charges against the accused persons would be investigated.
The Thackeray brothers had last month made allegedly inflammatory speeches against Bihari migrants in Mumbai and Maharashtra in retaliation to Bihar government's protest on the arrest of a person from Sitamarhi district for desecration of a martyrs memorial in Mumbai.
FIR Against Thackeray Cousins for Hate Speech
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 468; 19 States, UTs Under Lockdown
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Coronavirus: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: Postponement Of Tokyo Olympics Inevitable – IOC Official
- Health Insurance Policies For Cricketers, Officials Cover COVID-19 Too: CAB