Amid talk that service tax could be imposed on film tickets in the coming budget, a delegation of film makers along with Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni today met Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
After the meeting, the delegation which included Mahesh Bhatt, his brother Mukesh Bhatt, Ramesh Sippy and others, said they they had conveyed their concern on any move to impose service tax on films in the coming budget.
"We have put forth our concern to the honourable finance minister through the Minister of Information and Broadcasting. The finance minister gave a very patient hearing to each and every member," Mahesh Bhatt told reporters here.
The film makers said that though they were satisfied with their meeting with the finance minister, what the budget holds for them will only be known on the day it is presented in Parliament.
"Since it is budget time he cannot speak and it will come out in Parliament when he makes his speech there," Bhatt said.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni said that "the film industry wanted to present its concerns regarding service tax to the finance minister who had listened to them very attentively."
Filmmakers Meet FM, Oppose Imposition of Service Tax
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli