A local court has asked police to file a report on a case registered against cartoonist Aseem Trivedi here in January this year for allegedly denigrating national symbols after they failed to filed a charge sheet against him.
Principal Judicial Magistrate N R Mangire last week issued a notice to police in this regard, seeking a report on the case at the earliest.
Hanumant Upre of `Satya-shodhak OBC Parishad' had moved the magistrate's court when police did not register his complaint against Trivedi under Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971 over Trivedi's cartoons which allegedly insult the national emblem, Parliament, etc.
Beed police then filed a case on January 7 upon the magistrate's order.
Trivedi was arrested in a similar case by Mumbai police recently, and was charged with, among other things, sedition.
Bombay High Court, in response to a PIL, later granted him bail, questioning the application of sedition charge.
File Report on Case Against Aseem Trivedi: Court to Cops
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam CM Today, Here Are The Other Probable Ministers
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly