Doctors at the Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences tonight administered intravenous fluids to fasting TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu who was forcibly shifted to the Intensive Care Unit of a hospital after his health condition turned "critical."
Doctors took the help of the police to shift Naidu to the ICU as he refused to be moved. The authorities invoked the order issued by the Metropolitan Magistrate Court on December 21 to forcibly carry out their operation.
Principal Secretary (Health) P V Ramesh said the former Chief Minister's condition would stabilise in the "next 24 hours" as the administration of fluids has just begun.
"As doctors, we had to take this step since Chandrababu's condition deteriorated badly. His blood pressure had dropped, pulse rate increased and bicarbonate levels dipped when the team of critical care experts examined him at 6 pm.
We decided to shift him to ICU and did it between 7 and 7.30 pm much against his wish," Ramesh, also the Director (in charge) of NIMS, told the media along with other doctors.
He said administration of fluids would continue till Chandrababu's condition improved.
Meanwhile, Telugu Desam Party Parliamentary team leader Nama Nageswara Rao said their leader was continuing the fast, which entered the seventh day, despite the administration of fluids.
Fasting Naidu Forcibly Shifted to ICU
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Private Traders Saw Second Wave Coming, Hoarded Oxygen But Government Didn’t
- ‘Will Covid Vaccine Kill Or Make Me Impotent?’ Villagers Question, Say No To Vaccine
- Predicting Shortage, Parliamentary Panel Had Urged Centre To Ramp Up Vaccine Production
- Split Of Votes Between Congress-led Front, AJP-RD Saved BJP's Skin
- Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Retail Inflation Drops To 4.29% In April, Says Govt Data
- The Dravidian Wall: Patience, Experience Paid Off For DMK’s Stalin
- Modi’s War Against Covid: From ‘Timely & Tough’ to ‘Worrying’
- Column| Vaccine Patent Waiver: Responsible Play, Go With India
- 25 Escape From Covid Centre In Tripura
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- Can Thakur Fill In For Pandya - India Bowling Coach Has His Say
- Saina, Srikanth's Olympic Hopes Over