The original 'Charlie's Angels' star Farrah Fawcett's three-year-long battle with cancer came to an end with her demise at the age of 62.
Fawcett, the 60s pin-up star was rushed from her home to intensive care at St John's Health Centre in Santa Monica and she breathed her last Thursday morning with her family by her side.
The star, who became famous for sex symbol status and blonde hair, was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006. Although doctors believed it had been successfully treated, the illness returned in May 2007 and had recently spread to her liver.
Ryan O'Neal, the longtime companion who returned to her side when she became ill, was with her.
Her fiance O'Neal and best friend, actress Alana Stewart were with her during her final hours.
O'Neal was planning to wed Farrah, a wish, which will remain incomplete now.
In an interview earlier this week he had said: "I've asked her to marry me, again, and she's agreed."
"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away. Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world," O'Neal said.
Farrah Fawcett Dies of Cancer
THE LATEST ISSUE
- What is Mucormycosis? What Are The Symptoms? Know It From Expert
- 11 Covid Patients Die In Tirupati Hospital As 'Oxygen Tanker Arrived Late'
- Covid Explained: How Vaccines Work And React On Different Body Types
- Domestic Travel Bans Can Increase Covid-19 Cases
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- What Is Ivermectin, FDA-Approved Drug That Goa Has Recommended?
- India Sees Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3.29 Lakh Cases, 3,876 Deaths
- West Bengal: All 77 BJP MLAs To Have Central Security Cover
- Fact Check: Has Covaxin Been Approved For Children Above 12 Years?
- Delhi Should Prepare For Third Covid wave: Arvind Kejriwal
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- England Cricketers Unlikely To Feature In Rescheduled IPL 2021
- Navjot Kaur Recovers From COVID, Says Virus Failed To Deter Her Confidence