Qutubuddin Ansari, the 'face' of the 2002 Gujarat riots, will attend a function here to mark as a 'black day' the 10th anniversary of the riots on February 28.
"Ansari will request people to wear black badges, scarves or bands to mark the black day," Abraham Mathai, president of Harmony Foundation, which has organised the event, said.
Teary-eyed photos of Ansari, a tailor, begging with folded hands for mercy from the violent mob had made him the 'face' of the Gujarat riots.
Soon after the riots, Ansari had moved to Kolkata but returned to Gujarat two years ago, Mathai, former vice-chairman of Maharashtra Minorities Commission said.
Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, Tushar Gandhi, Sanjiv Bhatt will also be present.
'Face' of Gujarat Riots to Attend 'Black Day' Anniversary
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Final: Joseph-Inspired Gokulam Stun Bagan To Lift Trophy
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths