In the continuing crackdown on DMK leaders, Tamil Nadu vigilance officials today raided premises of former state minister Parithi Ilamvazhuthi here in connection with a Rs 1.56 crore disproportionate assets case.
The raids were conducted by sleuths of Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) at five premises belonging to Ilamvazhuthi and his relatives in the city.
A DVAC release said the raids were conducted following registration of a case against Ilamvazhuthi under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The case was registered after a 'discreet' inquiry into specific information that he had accumulated assets disproportionate to his known sources of income to the tune of Rs 1,56,20,745 from June 1, 2006 to March 31, 2010 while he was Information and Publicity Minister.
Ilamvazhuthi is the latest DMK leader to face the DVAC crackdown over corruption charges.
Residences of 12 other former DMK ministers and an MLA had earlier been raided by the DVAC while several other party leaders faced police action over land grabbing charges since the AIADMK came to power in May last year.
Ex-DMK Minister's Premises Raided in Assets Case
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Can A Person Get Re-Infected After Recovering From Covid?
- What Makes Some Vaccinated People More Susceptible To Covid-19 Than Others? Experts Answer
- Maharashtra Extends Covid Restrictions Till June 1; Check Guidelines
- Covaxin Receives Nod For Trials On Children Between 2-18 Age Group
- BJP's Political Messaging To No Avail: No Fresh Vegetables For Ladakh-Kargil For 4 Months
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Western Media Coverage Of Covid Crisis Raises Hackles Of Modi Govt
- PM Modi Missing Along With Vaccines, Oxygen, Medicines: Rahul Gandhi
- Covid: Planning To Buy Oximeter? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Govt Panel Suggests Increasing Gap Between Two Doses Of Covishield
- Independent Music Doing Well As Labels Are Promoting It: Sonu Nigam
- Know Why Using Right Glassware Is Important While Mixing Your Drink
- India Very Good At 'Niggling': Paine
- Atleti Edge Closer To La Liga Title