Environmentalist B L Jaju has demanded action against noted journalist and author Khushwant Singh under the Wild Life Protection Act for allegedly eating the meat of a hunted deer.
"Singh has confessed in his article in a newspaper that he ate meat of a deer in Bhopal who was hunted by his friends," Jaju, who heads the state unit of Peoples for Animals said in a statement here.
"On this basis, a case should be lodged against Singh under section 9/51 of Wild life Protection Act 1972 because hunting of deer is an offence," he said.
Environmentalist Wants Action Against Khushwant Singh
THE LATEST ISSUE
- CBI Takes Over Investigation Into Hathras Gang-Rape Case
- CSK Vs RCB LIVE: Kohli's 90* Powers Bangalore To 169/4
- '100 Per Cent Victory For BJP In Bengal Polls': Kailash Vijayvargia
- ‘My Petition Against Hate Speech Will Have A Wider Impact’: Brinda Karat
- She, The Dalit: Conspiracy Of Silence And Selective Coverage Of Rapes
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- French Open Final: Teen Swiatek Thrashes Kenin To Create History
- Rajasthan: Priest's Family Ends Protest, Performs Last Rites
- North Korea Unveils New Ballistic Missile, Weapons At Military Parade
- Domestic Violence On The Rise, Are Men Putting More Pressure On Women?
- Stubble Burning, Pollution, And Politics
- Will Religious Nationalism Challenge India's Leadership Potential?
- AUS Vs IND: India's Request For Shorter Quarantine Likely To Be Rejected
- ‘Time To Accept That Talks With China Won’t Help’: US NSA On Ladakh