An Election Commission team, led by CEC S Y Quraishi, will undertake a two-day visit to Punjab, beginning tomorrow, to take stock of poll arrangements in the state going to hustings on January 30.
Quraishi will be accompanied by Election Commissioners V S Sampath and H S Brahma, a spokesman of the state Election Commission office said here today.
The team will meet representatives of various political parties on December 28, he said.
The Commission will also hold meetings with the Chief Secretary, the Principal Secretary Home, the DGP, DCs, SSPs, IGPs, Divisional Commissioners and other senior state officers to take stock of poll arrangements.
The spokesman said unaccounted money worth Rs 40 lakh was confiscated in Patiala district.
He said the Commission has identified 30 out of 117 Assembly constituencies as sensitive.
EC to Visit Punjab Prior to Polls
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Records 4,205 Covid Deaths In A Single Day
- Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- The Sisters We Forgot: Nurses Risk Their Lives To Save Ours
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- India In ‘Dire Straits’ Because It Opened Up Prematurely: Dr Anthony Fauci
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- US Has Donated Half A Billion USD To India As Covid Aid: White House Official
- What Is 'Black Fungus'?
- Indian Woman Killed In Air Strikes In Israel
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- Delhi, Karnataka Among States To Take Global Tender For Covid Vaccine
- Nadal Unsure Of Playing In Tokyo Olympics
- Man City Win Premier League