A woman tourist from Holland was injured after she was pushed out off a running train by an unidentified person who robbed her in Haridwar district, police said today.
Flair de Noozle (34) from Holland was going to Amritsar by Dehradun-Amritsar Express on the night of November 12 when she was pushed off the train by an unknown man, SSP Arun Mohan Joshi said.
He said the incident occurred when Flair went to the toilet with a bag tied around her waist after the train left Laxar station. As she came out of the toilet, a man standing near the wash basin pushed her out of the running train, he said.
The man too jumped out and snatched the bag from the tourist who was lying unconscious near the railway track, the SSP said, adding that the culprit later fled.
A police patrol team found her lying there and rushed her to a nearby nursing home from where she was discharged yesterday.
The bag contained Flair's passport, ATM and credit cards and an iPod among other valuables, Joshi said.
Flair came to India on October 2 on a tourist visa, he added.
Dutch Woman Tourist Pushed Out of Running Train
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Covid Makes Inroads Into Remote Himachal Villages
- Outcry After J&K Police ‘Beat Women’ To Impose Corona Curfew
- Private Traders Saw Second Wave Coming, Hoarded Oxygen But Government Didn’t
- ‘Will Covid Vaccine Kill Or Make Me Impotent?’ Villagers Question, Say No To Vaccine
- Split Of Votes Between Congress-led Front, AJP-RD Saved BJP's Skin
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- The Dravidian Wall: Patience, Experience Paid Off For DMK’s Stalin
- How To Tackle 2nd Covid Wave: 9 Points From Opposition To Centre
- Modi’s War Against Covid: From ‘Timely & Tough’ to ‘Worrying’
- Column: Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- NC Condemns Israeli 'Atrocities' On Palestinians
- Fencer Bhavani Almost Skipped Qualifying
- Saina, Srikanth's Olympic Hopes Over