Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's remarks on "Congress being an old party" have drawn sharp reactions from state Congress leaders, who alleged that Chief Minister has lost control over his language because of frustration.
Campaigning for her brother
and Congress MP Rahul Gandhi in his constituency of Amethi, Priyanka Gandhi asked: "Kya mein budhi dikhti hoon? (Do I
look old to you)," she asked people of Khalidpur village.
"Does Sonia Gandhi
(Congress president and her mother), Rahul Gandhi or I look old to you?" she
asked, addressing voters.
Uma Bharati, an erstwhile member of BJP, jumped in the fray, and said that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra's remarks were symptomatic of the problem of dynastic politics in the Congress. "Once upon a time we had the delusion about Indira is Indira" and now when the Congress party's age is brought up, is it not strange that Priyanka should bring up her family's age, she asked.
'Advani is 81'
While campaigning for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Narendra Modi had said that Congress is "a 125-year old-budhia party" (old party) and it cannot work for development of the country.
"People of Gujarat are known for their culture. In our culture, even an enemy is also treated with respect. But unfortunately, the Chief Minister has lost control over his language," said Opposition leader Shaktisinh Gohil.
He said that frustration is gripping BJP and its leaders like Narendra Modi, Varun Gandhi and others, who are losing control and discretion on their tongue.
"Before making such ridiculous remarks in order "to gain cheap publicity" the Chief Minister should look at LK Advani, BJP's PM in waiting, who is 81," Gohil said.
He said that such derogatory and disparaging remarks are expected of "uncultured persons like Modi, who neither has his own culture nor represents any".
"It seems that since Modi cannot attack Advani directly on his age, he is attacking him through Congress because Modi has nurtured his prime ministerial ambitions for long and Advani is an impediment on his way," said Gohil.
He said the Congress party is represented by young brigade including persons like Rahul Gandhi, Sachin Pilot, Jitin Prasad, Milind Deora, Jyotiradtya Scindia and others while BJP has Advani who has already crossed 80.
Do I Look Old to You? Priyanka Slams Modi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- Lalu Prasad Yadav Granted Bail In Fodder Scam Case, But To Remain In Jail
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- If There’s Evidence Of TRP Manipulations, I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%, Says Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready, Sasikala May Walk Out Of Jail Any Time Now: Lawyer
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- 'BJP To Rule For 30-Years, If People Hang Vivekananda's Picture:' Biplab
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA