Despite Digvijay Singh producing record of his conversation with slain ATS chief Hemant Karkare on 26/11, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said the Congress general secretary's claim had no "credibility".
"Singh's claim (about conversation with slain ATS chief Hemant Karkare) has no credibility. It seems Congress has given a general power of attorney to him to divert the public attention from major issues like 2G spectrum scam and CWG corruption," Naidu said told reporters here.
"If Karkare had any life threat then he could have spoken to the Chief Minister or the Prime Minister. Why would he speak to Singh? Karkare's wife Kavita had also refuted any such claim," he added.
Singh today produced record of the conversation Karkare had with him on 26/11 and sought apology from Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil and all others who had dubbed him a "liar".
Singh released the details of the call records he obtained from BSNL's Bhopal office at a press conference in New Delhi.
Digvijay's Claim About Karkare Not Credible: Naidu
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- LJP Leader Ram Vilas Paswan Passes Away At The Age Of 74
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Spins Hyderabad To Big Win After Warner-Bairstow Show
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- 13-Year-Old Girl Gang-Raped In Greater Noida, 3 Detained
- Hathras Case: Accused Claims Victim's Family Was 'Against Our Friendship'
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Farmers’ Outfits Call For Nationwide ‘Chaka Jam’ On November 3
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Bihar Elections: Owaisi, Kushwaha Float New Front Of Six Parties
- Rashid Reflects On Scoreboard Pressure